RIP James Traficant

MG1968

That’s No Moon…
Former congressman James Traficant dies at 73 - John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

One of the few democrats I would consider voting for.

“Mr. Speaker, a new report says only 7 percent of scientists believe in God. That is right. And the reason they gave was that the scientists are ‘super smart.’ Unbelievable. Most of these absent-minded professors cannot find the toilet,” Traficant once railed on the House floor. “I have one question for these wise guys to constipate over: How can some thing come from no thing? And while they digest that, Mr. Speaker, let us tell it like it is. Put these super-cerebral master debaters in some foxhole with bombs bursting all around them, and I guarantee they will not be praying to Frankenstein. Beam me up."

So you consider voting for felons? The guy was a dirt bag. I don't care what he says or his position.

Reactions: 1 person
So you consider voting for felons? The guy was a dirt bag. I don't care what he says or his position.

"Consider" being the operative word here.

Not sure if you know this, but not all felons are bad people.

The only reason Traficant went to prison is because he pissed off everyone in congress. I would bet there are 300 reps in congress today that are more corrupt than Traficant on his worst day.

The only reason Traficant went to prison is because he pissed off everyone in congress. I would bet there are 300 reps in congress today that are more corrupt than Traficant on his worst day.

The dude was corrupt. Doesn't matter that others are as well. They should be thrown in jail too

The dude was corrupt. Doesn't matter that others are as well. They should be thrown in jail too

But they won't be. Just a quick look at his voting record says that he had some principles. I'm not even sure how serious the crime he was convicted of. But it's clear he was taken down because he couldn't be controlled.

Cool Traficant speech.

April 05, 2000
Mr. Speaker, today Congress will debate two bills. The first bill is partial birth abortions. The second bill is wildlife and sport fish restoration.
Unbelievable. Kill the babies but save the trout and the tit mouse. Beam me up. In fact, beam me up, Scotty.
See, I believe that Congress and America can and should save both the babies and the wildlife. Think about it.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back