Tennessee Amendment 1

Gramps

TN amendment 1 is becoming a hot topic that will be on the November ballot.

The proposed amendment, if approved by Tennessee voters, would give the legislature greater ability to enact abortion policy. The language of Amendment 1 is as follows:

"Nothing in this Constitution secures or protects a right to abortion or requires the funding of an abortion. The people retain the right through their elected state representatives and state senators to enact, amend, or repeal statutes regarding abortion, including circumstances of pregnancy resulting from rape or incest or when necessary to save the life of the mother."

What say ye VN.

Can/ Should we trust our agenda led politicians with the authority to do so or not ?

Reactions: 1 person
TN amendment 1 is becoming a hot topic that will be on the November ballot.

The proposed amendment, if approved by Tennessee voters, would give the legislature greater ability to enact abortion policy. The language of Amendment 1 is as follows:

"Nothing in this Constitution secures or protects a right to abortion or requires the funding of an abortion. The people retain the right through their elected state representatives and state senators to enact, amend, or repeal statutes regarding abortion, including circumstances of pregnancy resulting from rape or incest or when necessary to save the life of the mother."

What say ye VN.

Can/ Should we trust our agenda led politicians with the authority to do so or not ?

This is a womens rights issue dressed up to look like a states rights issue, no?

Reactions: 3 people
I have a problem with this amendment. I no way do I support abortion but I'm probably going to have to vote against. I really can't support giving even the state government more control.

Reactions: 4 people
I have a problem with this amendment. I no way do I support abortion but I'm probably going to have to vote against. I really can't support giving even the state government more control.

That is how I feel. I am thinking I will vote no on this but did want to hear what others thought.

This would be giving politicians a great deal of power to force their agenda on our citizenry

That is how I feel. I am thinking I will vote no on this but did want to hear what others thought.

This would be giving politicians a great deal of power to force their agenda on our citizenry

I would rather see direct elections of the appellate and TNSC judges. Of course that's not going to happen.

This is a womens rights issue dressed up to look like a states rights issue, no?

I personally do not consider abortion a womans rights issue, I consider it a baby rights issue.

I am personally opposed to abortion but iI do not think we have the right to say a woman should or should not have one.

I personally do not consider abortion a womans rights issue, I consider it a baby rights issue.

I am personally opposed to abortion but iI do not think we have the right to say a woman should or should not have one.

A women has a right to choose what happens to her body as far as I'm concerned. If you make abortion illegal or extremely difficult, women that don't want babies will find other ways to abort the fetus ('back alley' abortions are horrid as we all know) or there will be many many people having unwanted babies that become a burden to the state and have a miserable existence.

Politicians wanting more power over the personal lives of their constituents? I'm shocked

A women has a right to choose what happens to her body as far as I'm concerned If you make abortion illegal or extremely difficult, women that don't want babies will find other ways to abort the fetus ('back alley' abortions are horrid as we all know) or there will be many many people having unwanted babies that become a burden to the state and have a miserable existence.

That is the pro choice line that bugs me. IMO, she is not deciding what happens to her body, she is deciding what is going to happen to her baby.

I personally think abortion is murder, however I am not in favor of banning abortions. Abortions happened long before it was legal and will continue to happen it they are made illegal again.

Reactions: 8 people
That is the pro choice line that bugs me. IMO, she is not deciding what happens to her body, she is deciding what is going to happen to her baby.

I personally think abortion is murder, however I am not in favor of banning abortions. Abortions happened long before it was legal and will continue to happen it they are made illegal again.

If it is outside the womb before a certain amount of weeks the fetus would not survive on its own so in my mind it's not yet a life.

Reactions: 2 people
A women has a right to choose what happens to her body as far as I'm concerned. If you make abortion illegal or extremely difficult, women that don't want babies will find other ways to abort the fetus ('back alley' abortions are horrid as we all know) or there will be many many people having unwanted babies that become a burden to the state and have a miserable existence.

Being born English is a miserable existence, wanted or not.

Only a moron would vote to give the government more power. Regardless of issue.

He lost his primary but if this amendment is passed I can envision a group of Stacey Campfields going beserk passing laws to force their beliefs on others.

Mexico has nice beaches, hot women, and good food. What does England have?

Been there many times. Nothing really, rocky beaches, not so hot women unless you like women with kankles (Hillary legs). Oh, lots of round-abouts too.

Been there many times. Nothing really, rocky beaches, not so hot women unless you like women with kankles (Hillary legs). Oh, lots of round-abouts too.

Hey, big girls need luvin too. That's why Alex was blessed upon this world.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back