FL governors race - seriously?

utvolpj

Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
This is the best they've got to offer? A crook vs a guy whose moral compass could double as a ceiling fan? Why do these people continue to get nominated for public office? The ads are insane but they simply represent what the voters get as candidates. This is American politics in a nutshell

It's too bad Americans have been so poisoned by the media that 3rd party candidates aren't a viable alternative. I'm voting for one anyways

Adrian Wyllie 2014 - Libertarian for Governor of Florida - Libertarian For Governor of the State of Florida

A friend of mine is a representative in the NC state legislature. Even at the local level, he had to line up the big money donors to even run. The bottom line is, we typically get to choose between two candidates that are chosen for us. I agree we should vote 3rd party. But it's often difficult to know what those candidates stand for because they get so little coverage and most voters are too lazy to investigate on their own.

Reactions: 1 person
But it's often difficult to know what those candidates stand for because they get so little coverage and most voters are too lazy to investigate on their own.

Not only that but in FL they changed the rules on debate inclusion during the campaign to eliminate the 3rd party. Exact same thing already happened on the potus level. The 2 parties are allowed to create rules that eliminate viable choices simply to preserve their power. Sad thing is the voters allow and even encourage this.

It's Florida, we are full of dumb people. I dont like the current guy (crook) and Crist is just a career politician willing to do anything to anyone moron.

Reactions: 4 people
A friend of mine is a representative in the NC state legislature. Even at the local level, he had to line up the big money donors to even run. The bottom line is, we typically get to choose between two candidates that are chosen for us. I agree we should vote 3rd party. But it's often difficult to know what those candidates stand for because they get so little coverage and most voters are too lazy to investigate on their own.

Just splash your name all over apps like Tinder or Clash of Clans..BOOM you got the young vote.

It's Florida, we are full of dumb people. I dont like the current guy (crook) and Crist is just a career politician willing to do anything to anyone moron.

Expressed my position perfectly. It's a no win situation.

I'm embarrassed to live in the same city as you.

I dont know man, I can think of a lot more people to be embarassed about living in the same city with..like everyone who is walking down Semeron right now.. :eek:lol:

This.

Crist is a joke and a complete waste of f'ing space.

I literally cannot wait to go vote against Crist. Scott is no saint, but his appeal is immeasurable when weighed against Crist.

Reactions: 2 people
To you FL guys. Can any of you explain the property taxes, homestead clause?

Is it really all that different from the Hong Kong / China situation? I suppose we get two choices from two different parties / power structures, but they are not all that different.

To you FL guys. Can any of you explain the property taxes, homestead clause?

Homestead clause takes a chunk of cash off of your property tax. Like if your house is tax appraised at 200,000K and you have a homestead clause you can get like $25K removed from the appraised value and only be taxed for $175,000. I think the homestead clause is $50,000 now actually. If you are a vet with a service connected disability of at least 10% you can get another 5K knocked off.

Property taxes still suck.

Last edited:
This.

Crist is a joke and a complete waste of f'ing space.

I literally cannot wait to go vote against Crist. Scott is no saint, but his appeal is immeasurable when weighed against Crist.

So you'll vote for a crook?

The crook is the lesser of two evils. Telling..

Scotts company defrauded Medicare. Crist is just a fraud in everything he does. This guy was a republican when he was a gov a few years ago before he ran for senate. Now he's back as a Dem.

Homestead clause takes a chunk of cash off of your property tax. Like if your house is tax appraised at 200,000K and you have a homestead clause you can get like $25K removed from the appraised value and only be taxed for $175,000. I think the homestead clause is $50,000 now actually. If you are a vet with a service connected disability of at least 10% you can get another 5K knocked off.

Property taxes still suck.

Thanks. Is it transferable between family? My wife has a cousin with a place on Anna Maria (think that's it) he's trying to unload. From the small amount of research I've done, taxes and insurance will be close to not more than the annual mortgage.

Thanks. Is it transferable between family? My wife has a cousin with a place on Anna Maria (think that's it) he's trying to unload. From the small amount of research I've done, taxes and insurance will be close to not more than the annual mortgage.

Ave Maria? Not transferable to my knowledge.

The crook is the lesser of two evils. Telling..

Scotts company defrauded Medicare. Crist is just a fraud in everything he does. This guy was a republican when he was a gov a few years ago before he ran for senate. Now he's back as a Dem.

Lesser of 2 evils is still evil right? Why vote for either if that's true?

As much as I would love to see a libertarian 3rd party candidate - I wouldn't waste my vote. Too much at risk - Scott needs all the votes he can get.

Lesser of 2 evils is still evil right? Why vote for either if that's true?

No, ones more evil. and since we're getting one anyway, I choose the one that's less likely to be most evil. Ya dig?

As much as I would love to see a libertarian 3rd party candidate - I wouldn't waste my vote. Too much at risk - Scott needs all the votes he can get.

Wasted vote. Never heard that one before. Wouldn't a wasted vote actually be one that continues the same corrupt system that isn't working? Wouldn't a wasted vote be one cast for someone only looking to use the office to make money for himself and his cronies? Rationalize it all you want but a vote for either of these 2 sleazebags would feel wasted to me. Nothing changes

No, ones more evil. and since we're getting one anyway, I choose the one that's less likely to be most evil. Ya dig?

More evil still implies both are evil.

Reactions: 1 person
Wasted vote. Never heard that one before. Wouldn't a wasted vote actually be one that continues the same corrupt system that isn't working? Wouldn't a wasted vote be one cast for someone only looking to use the office to make money for himself and his cronies? Rationalize it all you want but a vote for either of these 2 sleazebags would feel wasted to me. Nothing changes

More evil still implies both are evil.

Meh, you can rationalize it all you want but we're getting one of the two. If it makes you feel better to vote for a guy in the whig party, lemon party or sausage party, be my guest.

As far as both of them being evil, yep, they both are.

Anna Maria Island in the Tampa area. Never been there but the pics look nice, house is small and not very well maintained.

Hmm, I imagine the insurance would be expensive on a barrier island.

You can look up tax info here.

VN Store

Back