Just for fun my conservative friends

DAVOL

Native SoKno
Say you all win the senate and at best it will be 53 gop it just means deadlock which it already is. Now let's look to 2016 when the gop is defending 13 more senate seats than the DEMS and the electorate completely changes from an average age of 57 to 47 and if you look at the demographics for 2012 old people went with Romney and I'm not a Ph.d. but old people usually die before younger people and you can say we just replace the older voters but the new voters coming in are a tad darker and slightly more liberal. I guess what I'm saying is that without a change in beliefs is that 20 years from now the gop will be in WHIGDOM country.

Reactions: 1 person
As we progress deeper into the 21st century, the socially conservative fundamentalist Christian chains will weigh heavier and heavier on the elephant until it succumbs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Ahhhh, moral relativism. I would rather stand for what is right and be in the minority than sell out to be with the "in" crowd. Just because time passes doesn't make breaking laws and engaging in immoral (and deviant) behavior acceptable.

Reactions: 2 people
Ahhhh, moral relativism. I would rather stand for what is right and be in the minority than sell out to be with the "in" crowd. Just because time passes doesn't make breaking laws and engaging in immoral (and deviant) behavior acceptable.

And I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, and segregation forever!

Riddle me this: why should any private activity between consenting adults that doesn't infringe upon the rights of others be illegal?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people

Riddle me this: why should any private activity between consenting adults that doesn't infringe upon the rights of others be illegal?

Agree. I'm all for willful prostitution as well.

Race card played right on cue, Barn.

Who said anything about making anything illegal? You and OP (to paraphrase) said that conservatives must change with the times. Just because I believe a wrong is still a wrong doesn't mean I want to outlaw anything. You can't legislate morality. But, our popular culture is absolutely rotting this country from within, and it is tearing our social fabric apart as time goes on. It is up to each man to live his life to be a light to others.

I'll take a guess that a sizable portion of people voting in elections for the Democrats aren't even legally allowed to vote.

Actually, it isn't a guess, it's a fact as proven the other day. If every state required a state issued ID (don't grant illegals a state issued ID) at the voting booth, you'd see a huge decline in votes for the Democrats.

Reactions: 3 people
I'll take a guess that a sizable portion of people voting in elections for the Democrats aren't even legally allowed to vote.

Actually, it isn't a guess, it's a fact as proven the other day. If every state required a state issued ID (don't grant illegals a state issued ID) at the voting booth, you'd see a huge decline in votes for the Democrats.

Yep that's it! Hahahaha

I do believe the GOP will be in trouble when the socially conservative wing starts to die off. I have read studies that indicate millinials are more socially liberal. But I think the millinials are smart and realize the democrats are why they will be buried under a mountain of government debt. So I think the democrats are in trouble as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see a third or fourth party make a big surge over the next 20 years. Kind of like UKIP in England.

Say you all win the senate and at best it will be 53 gop it just means deadlock which it already is. Now let's look to 2016 when the gop is defending 13 more senate seats than the DEMS and the electorate completely changes from an average age of 57 to 47 and if you look at the demographics for 2012 old people went with Romney and I'm not a Ph.d. but old people usually die before younger people and you can say we just replace the older voters but the new voters coming in are a tad darker and slightly more liberal. I guess what I'm saying is that without a change in beliefs is that 20 years from now the gop will be in WHIGDOM country.

This is really hard to follow. So, younger people are getting darker and old people are getting dead, therefore, the GOP is going where?

Also, how many Black friends do you have?

How many people were arrested for the activity you are espousing?

I do believe the GOP will be in trouble when the socially conservative wing starts to die off. I have read studies that indicate millinials are more socially liberal. But I think the millinials are smart and realize the democrats are why they will be buried under a mountain of government debt. So I think the democrats are in trouble as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see a third or fourth party make a big surge over the next 20 years. Kind of like UKIP in England.

I agree with this. I think the trend is going toward Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative. Anyone who can truly lead along those lines will find themselves with considerable support from both sides of the aisle.

I agree with this. I think the trend is going toward Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative. Anyone who can truly lead along those lines will find themselves with considerable support from both sides of the aisle.

The problem with having a socially liberal world view is that it's the underpinnings for the massive welfare state we now find ourselves with.

That is not to say we should not have safety nets, but entitlements and consumerism mentality will be our financial ruin.

As we progress deeper into the 21st century, the socially conservative fundamentalist Christian chains will weigh heavier and heavier on the elephant until it succumbs.

Following Christ is the most liberating feeling in the world, and I hope you can experience it one day this side of eternity.:cool:

THIS!

I think as the social conservative/fiscal liberal wing die off as the OP states, the Republican Party will become stronger.

I just want our government to function with some intelligence and do the things best for the country as a whole rather than continuing to pander.

I just want our government to function with some intelligence and do the things best for the country as a whole rather than continuing to pander.

:clapping: Yes of course, but that want happen in our life time coming anytime soon because of the low-informed uneducated voters that are told who to vote for & still want the handouts.

:clapping: Yes of course, but that want happen in our life time coming anytime soon because of the low-informed uneducated voters that are told who to vote for & still want the handouts.

Very true.... It amazes me just how uninformed or misinformed the vast majority of people are.

The problem with having a socially liberal world view is that it's the underpinnings for the massive welfare state we now find ourselves with.

That is not to say we should not have safety nets, but entitlements and consumerism mentality will be our financial ruin.

That doesn't make any sense. The fiscal conservative side should keep entitlements in check.

Race card played right on cue, Barn.

Who said anything about making anything illegal? You and OP (to paraphrase) said that conservatives must change with the times. Just because I believe a wrong is still a wrong doesn't mean I want to outlaw anything. You can't legislate morality. But, our popular culture is absolutely rotting this country from within, and it is tearing our social fabric apart as time goes on. It is up to each man to live his life to be a light to others.

Give specific examples of what you mean by "A wrong is still a wrong."

It doesn't. As long as I do not have to pay for the results of that activity. If you want to play house with a woman and have babies... fine. YOU pay for them. You want to have an abortion? Fine... YOU pay for it. You want to engage in gay sex... fine, but don't come to me for your HIV medications. This right here is the biggest problem I have with OdummaCare. Since I actually have a job and work for a living, I have to pay for the welfare mom who stays on her back every 12 months and produces another mouth to feed. And guess what... OdummaCare IS a wealth redistribution system. If you clowns dont see that, you are truly delusional. But... you won, and now we all have to deal with it. When the USA is relegated to a second tier country, your idiot president will have accomplished his mission. Congratulations.

VN Store

Back