Liberals are infiltrating sports with ....

roddo518

Coach
Politically correct nonsense!
I am sick of turning on espn or other sports shows and seeing episodes of "law and order." Everyone is up in arms about how the NFL didn't do this or did this about things that should have been cleared up in the criminal justice system. What other companies have a written punishment for every wrong doing that could possibly occur? Ex. Does an engineering firm have a punishment for shop lifting such as two weeks without pay? No!!! Neither should any sports entity! If someone does something major like murder, they go to jail and consequently are fired from any job. If someone does several little wrongdoings creating an accumulative effect, they are fired. This is exactly how it should work in sports. I know some will say that sports is in the entertainment industry and should be treated differently. That's wrong too. When is the last time a major actor didn't get a movie roll for drug abuse? We wouldn't have hardly any actors if that was the case.
People should be working to fix our broken criminal justice system rather than to point their outrage toward The NFL. In fact, from what I've heard on talk radio and espn, people have more vitriole toward the commissioner than the people that abused their kids or abused their wives. Some people are so misguided. I guess that's why we have had a liberal president and senate for the last 8 years. God help our country!
When do you think we can turn on espn again and maybe see some sports insights? I've been waiting for a couple of weeks. Espn radio has already went to hell. There's nothing better than to listen to Mike and mike talk politically correct bs.....not!

Reactions: 7 people
I think I just saw Paul Revere's great great grandson riding down my street yelling "The liberals are coming, the liberals are coming." Tell me OP how's Sarah Palin's new book?

Reactions: 6 people
My 2 cents:

1) NFL was simply ill-equipped to deal with the situation

2) Given fame of players you would think they'd be better prepared to deal with it

3) Some people interpret lack of preparedness as a sign the NFL does not care about it

On the one hand, I do not think a league office governing a sport can or should be expected to be some kind of super police, over and above whatever we all deal with. On the other hand they have a public image to worry about, for the entirety of the league, and they should do a better job of dealing with the optics of these problems.

Reactions: 1 person
I think I just saw Paul Revere's great great grandson riding down my street yelling "The liberals are coming, the liberals are coming." Tell me OP how's Sarah Palin's new book?

Paul revere had to be a liberal. He give up 5 minutes into the ride when the British stopped him. Dawes actually alerted more people, and several others did as well. After it was over, Paul revere billed the government something in the neighborhood of a couple hundred dollars for his efforts. So essentially he was a quitter, couldn't work more than five minutes, and still expected to be paid in full by the government. Sounds liberal to me.

Reactions: 7 people
I'm struggling to understand why the OP doesn't think the NFL's mishandling of the Ray Rice situation doesn't warrant extended media coverage.

Best cast the NFL botched the investigation, worst case they're flat out lying. That's newsworthy.

Also not sure what politics has to do with anything.

It's not as though conservative critics of the current administration haven't been overly vocal about mishandling of several issues lately...and rightfully so.

Last edited:
I've heard similar arguments to the OP's, and they were just as ridiculous. There is a major difference between an engineering firm and the NFL. Whether you want it to matter or not, the public eye changes everything.

Reactions: 1 person
Politically correct nonsense!
I am sick of turning on espn or other sports shows and seeing episodes of "law and order." Everyone is up in arms about how the NFL didn't do this or did this about things that should have been cleared up in the criminal justice system. What other companies have a written punishment for every wrong doing that could possibly occur? Ex. Does an engineering firm have a punishment for shop lifting such as two weeks without pay? No!!! Neither should any sports entity! If someone does something major like murder, they go to jail and consequently are fired from any job. If someone does several little wrongdoings creating an accumulative effect, they are fired. This is exactly how it should work in sports. I know some will say that sports is in the entertainment industry and should be treated differently. That's wrong too. When is the last time a major actor didn't get a movie roll for drug abuse? We wouldn't have hardly any actors if that was the case.
People should be working to fix our broken criminal justice system rather than to point their outrage toward The NFL. In fact, from what I've heard on talk radio and espn, people have more vitriole toward the commissioner than the people that abused their kids or abused their wives. Some people are so misguided. I guess that's why we have had a liberal president and senate for the last 8 years. God help our country!
When do you think we can turn on espn again and maybe see some sports insights? I've been waiting for a couple of weeks. Espn radio has already went to hell. There's nothing better than to listen to Mike and mike talk politically correct bs.....not!
Why is this diatribe in the NCAA forum we have a whole big political forum which is where this belongs.

Actually, most professions have very similiar policies. It's called a suspension with pay or without pay, and is typically done while an incident is being investigated.

op is right. Things were much better when no one gave a sh*t about guys smacking around their ladies.

Paul revere had to be a liberal. He give up 5 minutes into the ride when the British stopped him. Dawes actually alerted more people, and several others did as well. After it was over, Paul revere billed the government something in the neighborhood of a couple hundred dollars for his efforts. So essentially he was a quitter, couldn't work more than five minutes, and still expected to be paid in full by the government. Sounds liberal to me.

That's pretty good!! I do find it funny that the right wingers bag on the liberals over immigration, gay rights, guns, taking money from the governement etc. Every person I know who is unemployeed and collecting unemployment is a republican, know one guy who bashes illegals yet right now has 3 illegals working at his house. They bash gay rights and bring in god but they have politicians getting busted toe tapping in bathroom stalls. They wanna go to war but as long as it's not their kid serving, make it some blue collar workers son or daughter from small town USA. They're all hypocrits (mispelled)

Actually, most professions have very similiar policies. It's called a suspension with pay or without pay, and is typically done while an incident is being investigated.

Teachers get paid when they get put on leave.

I would love to see OP put out a full page ad in his local paper talking about how the company he works for does certain things wrong and see what the reprocussions are. Go ahead, it's free speech!!! Please be sure to not be politically correct and see how your boss handles it. I doubt there would be leave with pay involved, maybe termination

Teachers get paid when they get put on leave.

Depends on the reason. You can be put on leave without pay. Most jobs actually keep both options available so they can make a decision based on the severity of the incident and the facts.

I'm struggling to understand why the OP doesn't think the NFL's mishandling of the Ray Rice situation doesn't warrant extended media coverage.

Best cast the NFL botched the investigation, worst case they're flat out lying. That's newsworthy.

Also not sure what politics has to do with anything.

It's not as though conservative critics of the current administration haven't been overly vocal about mishandling of several issues lately...and rightfully so.

Why was it the NFLs responsibility to investigate in the first place? They looked into it then followed existing league protocols and policies.

The NFL is not a law enforcement agency.

Anyone else annoyed by all the conservative whining that goes on in America? I think I hear the phrase "liberals are ruining our country" on a daily basis. It's a great way to come across as a pyscho.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back