Baby Boomers U.S. Worst Generation?

rjd970

Baby Boomers: The Selfish Generation | SENTRY JOURNAL

For instance, Third Way, a Democratic think tank found that in 1962 about 32 cents per dollar was invested and only 14% on entitlements but by 2030 we are projected to have less in investments and entitlement spending above 60%. Such math should move the populous to implement major reform so that generations after aren’t bankrupted at the expense the previous generation’s entitlements, but that’s not the case.

Baby boomers not only overwhelmingly vote to protect their sacred cows (Social Security and Medicare) they have a history of voting for expansions. Every baby boomer president we’ve had has expanded entitlements; most recently Bush’s prescription drug plan, and of course, Obamacare. Every reform attempt made has been completely destroyed by the largest voting bloc in the nation – the baby boomers.

In addition to unfunded entitlements, the dollar has lost value, debt increased, college and healthcare costs skyrocketed, two wars, outsource of US jobs, etc.

Thoughts?

Yes they have sucked. SS Surplus? Gone. Debt? $17.7 trillion. Clinton got impeached, W started an unnecessary war and 0 will go down in history as the worst.

Reactions: 2 people
Hippies > Yuppies.

Those things were brought to us by the yuppies not hippies. We didn't give a rats azz about those things.

Nope you are the bicycle helmet generation. Our generation hadn't gained sufficient power when that crap came about.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
It's my money + medicare & I want it now!!! I paid into the system for 45 + years by doing what I was required to do if I lived long enough for retirement. When you finally get to that age of retirement you want gripe about it one damn bit......so boo hoo for the younger dudes that are still having to work & pay into the system.

It's my money + medicare & I want it now!!! I paid into the system for 45 + years by doing what I was required to do if I lived long enough for retirement. When you finally get to that age of retirement you want gripe about it one damn bit......so boo hoo for the younger dudes that are still having to work & pay into the system.
Retirement should not be an age. If you can't afford to air work without govt assistance then keep clocking in.

Eventually the music stops and there aren't enough chairs to go around. You ok with your kids or grandkids not getting one just so you could? I'm not

Reactions: Vol8188 and DC_Vol
Liberals mentality of political correctness has ruined everything for our generation and the future.

It's like you don't even know what political correctness means but heard it on Hannity one day and latched on

Reactions: 6 people

IF I get social security payments it's going to be purely disposable income (probably for weed) for me. I am definitely not anticipating that as a source of retirement income.

Reactions: 1 person
Obamacare is not an entitlement. Everyone was already able to get free care once their condition became bad enough. Obamacare is the opposite of an entitlement in the sense that it requires people now to pay in to the system that already guaranteed them service.

Obamacare is not an entitlement. Everyone was already able to get free care once their condition became bad enough. Obamacare is the opposite of an entitlement in the sense that it requires people now to pay in to the system that already guaranteed them service.
Can they get more out than is put in?

You really don't seem to have a grasp on the ACA.

You really don't seem to have a grasp on reality.

fify

You really don't seem to have a grasp on the ACA.

Yes.

But they could already get services worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. And that's BEFORE the ACA.

Now they have to pay something in, even if its not full freight. Its more than they put in before.

Yes.

But they could already get services worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. And that's BEFORE the ACA.

Now they have to pay something in, even if its not full freight. Its more than they put in before.

Then it's an entitlement.

Not everyone is paying in and the ones who are supposed to are even skipping their payments. Still being ignored are the trends of millions who are still uninsured with this magical legislation.

I don't understand why you continue to trot out talking points and assumptions that have been proven wrong repeatedly.

I hate this generation vs generation discussion. "Kids these days" were raised by past generations, so both parties deserve blame for the bad. And conversely, when generation X takes credit for the internet economy, the greatest generation sent us down that path with their innovation.

We're all tied together. It's pretty silly to try to point fingers or take credit when all generations have played a role in making America what it is today. Impossible to attribute more credit or more blame to any group, IMO.

I hate this generation vs generation discussion. "Kids these days" were raised by past generations, so both parties deserve blame for the bad. And conversely, when generation X takes credit for the internet economy, the greatest generation sent us down that path with their innovation.

We're all tied together. It's pretty silly to try to point fingers or take credit when all generations have played a role in making America what it is today. Impossible to attribute more credit or more blame to any group, IMO.

Not the same as the baby boomers.

I think that logic fails when you are passing $17T in debt to another generation. Sure they paid into federal government, but really that was funding other crap, and the SS fund is full of IOUs.

Reactions: GroverCleveland

You're the problem; and people like you. Thinking you can just rise above the melee. Trying to be the bigger man and not casting aspersions on people who are different than you. Makes me sick!

Reactions: 4 people

The greatest generation gave us a victory in WW2 which put our country far ahead. Entire generations were wiped out and countries were flattened. It gave us a multi decade advantage

VN Store

Back