Savannah Police Shooting

Burhead

God-Emperor of Politics
Something to keep an eye on; a white police officer shot and killed a black man and police have finally removed the body after two hours. Crowds are gathering and are getting angry. One rumor I saw was the dude was in handcuffs. Could be Ferguson 2.0?

What is it with these idiot police officers?! I know they have a tough job but some of them dig their own grave.

One of these incidents will lead to an affair akin to Isandlwana. Perhaps they should stop murdering people?

Reactions: 2 people
What is it with these idiot police officers?! I know they have a tough job but some of them dig their own grave.

Huh? There's a reason they carry guns & I don't believe for a second any just go around randomly shooting people. A threat, whether it's toward police or anybody, doesn't & shouldn't require minimum force to simply stop it. You never know if somebody's intention is to hurt you, kill you, rob, or whatever & if I see you as a threat it will probably never be known.

@AmyChimson · 22m

#savannahshooting hearing he was shot in handcuffs. placed in cop car without proper pat down, had gun, tried breaking glass- got shot

Bx2IQpDCcAEwTGm.jpg

@AmyChimson · 22m

#savannahshooting hearing he was shot in handcuffs. placed in cop car without proper pat down, had gun, tried breaking glass- got shot

If that's the case, looks like the proper steps were taken.

The only thing I question is how in the world do officers miss a gun before putting him in handcuffs and in the cruiser?

Could have been prevented had they done a pat down, but he was trying to escape and had a gun.

But hey, its another criminal off the street w/o wasting tax dollars on him in prison.

Reactions: 1 person
The only thing I question is how in the world do officers miss a gun before putting him in handcuffs and in the cruiser?

I think I remember seeing a story similar to this recently.

I don't know how they could miss a gun, but in this other instance the guy had a gun hidden in his pants and wiggled it to a point where he could get his hand on it in the backseat. He raised up, put his hands next to the cage separating himself and the officer and shot the officer in the head.

I'm guessing this is something similar. Fortunately, he got caught.

I have no facts, just guessing.

Even though he was a prior criminal, had a gun, & it was caught on camera a certain segment will still protest & riot. He was a good guy & they didn't have to kill him.

Reactions: 1 person
I think I remember seeing a story similar to this recently.

I don't know how they could miss a gun, but in this other instance the guy had a gun hidden in his pants and wiggled it to a point where he could get his hand on it in the backseat. He raised up, put his hands next to the cage separating himself and the officer and shot the officer in the head.

I'm guessing this is something similar. Fortunately, he got caught.

I have no facts, just guessing.

I saw a tweet that said that a crowd started gathering as the arrest was being made that made the officer nervous, perhaps he rushed it? Who knows.

I saw a tweet that said that a crowd started gathering as the arrest was being made that made the officer nervous, perhaps he rushed it? Who knows.

Hmm who knows but doubtful IMO

The fact that he was in handcuffs makes me more confident it was a probably justified. He's not gonna execute a guy in handcuffs in front of a crowd.

If he was in handcuffs did the cop have to shoot him? Wouldn't a taser be more appropriate?

VN Store

Back