Today Show offers advice in case of home invasion

In the video they suggest using Wasp Spray against an intruder. It's pointed out below the video that that is usually illegal, and in some states like Oklahoma it is a mandatory minimum 10 year prison sentence for using that on a person.

In the video they suggest using Wasp Spray against an intruder. It's pointed out below the video that that is usually illegal, and in some states like Oklahoma it is a mandatory minimum 10 year prison sentence for using that on a person.

Wow. I didn't know wasp spray would be such a deadly force on people that are breaking into your house to do bodily harm. Thanks for the tip. I need to go buy some of that.

Last edited:
If someone is in the middle of a home invasion pretty much anything is better than nothing and if you have to McGyver something up to defend yourself then that's what you do. If it's a handy can wasp spray then so be it. I see two immediate problems.

1)Insecticides are not made for defense against humans. There are any number of sprays that are made for the specific purpose of being used against people. Why not use that?

2)I'm pretty sure demonstrable self defense in one's home would be a pretty solid basis for legally using whatever is at hand. The caveat is that if it looked as though you were intentionally setting aside a can of bug death for the specific purpose of use against people there could be problems. IIRC most (maybe all) insecticides carry a warning that it's illegal to use in a manner not consistent with it's intended purpose. (or some such terminology)

There are better options than bug spray if you're PLANNING on using it for self defense.

My wife and I are not sleeping with our door open, we already get enough comments from the teenagers.

I suspect you'd be better off watching "Home Alone" for tips on how to defend your home from intruders instead of watching the Today Show if that's the best your going to get.

461862_290890010997379_136301250_o.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Just do what the vice president recommended, fire a shotgun in the air. It's illegal, too, but probably not as illegal as dousing someone with wasp spray.

Just do what the vice president recommended, fire a shotgun in the air. It's illegal, too, but probably not as illegal as dousing someone with wasp spray.

until one of the shots come down and hit somebody

I've been peppered several times dove hunting, no big deal.

is that the only thing you keep loaded/close at hand? In those situations you are just going to shoot whatever you have ready. i was taught don't pull the trigger unless you know (or can reasonably assume) where the bullet ends up.

is that the only thing you keep loaded/close at hand? In those situations you are just going to shoot whatever you have ready. I was taught don't pull the trigger unless you know (or can reasonably assume) where the bullet ends up.

wtf?

I'm thinking at least two people thought I was being serious about following Biden's advice.

not really, was more pointing out how wrong unlce Biden is. Then there was a comment and it went from there.

VN Store

Back