Ex-CIA Director predicts 5k personnel on ground by Dec.

I'm sure this is being done at the behest of the Saudi's.

And for what? To pave the way for a Qatari gas pipeline?

Even Stevie Wonder can see this. Shut off Europe from Russian gas by taking over the Ukraine, and in turn, replace that demand with Saudi/Qatari gas imports that will be traded in USD.

Let's say you're right and this is all about keeping the petro dollar alive and the USD as the world's reserve currency.

If you were king of the USA, wouldn't you want to keep the dollar's position in the world?

I've become more anti-interventionist to be sure but if we are going to take it to these MFrs then we need to take it too them.

If we need some boots on the ground to decimate them then I won't complain. I will complain though if we say we want to decimate them but don't match actions to words.

Reactions: 2 people
i'm all for anything short of tactical nukes...we need to keep the joes home though and wage this war with our overwhelming advantage in technology. The desert is not an easy place to hide from air support from what i understand, lets use relentless air power to eliminate the threat. I know its not that simple, and each battle is unique; but i dont want to see the Marines there fighting house to house again. Let someone else put the "boots on the ground" or noone at all if necessary.

This is the perfect time for America to get out of this. What do we solve by going back in?

I'll post this here and perhaps one or two will listen, but I'm not real hopeful.

https://twitter.com/scotthortonshow/status/511656622716747776

This guy as well as the folks over at antiwar.com have their fingers on the pulse of this whole thing. I urge you to listen.

We are making a huge mistake even thinking about going back in, we're simply swallowing the bait as usual.

Regional stability.

Is that so? At what cost do we try to maintain this artificial stability? Because you know the moment we pull out again, they're right back at it.

Lets face it, in the end, this is a fight for regional supremacy between Saudi Arabia and Iran. Lets cut the crap. Israel and the US are backing the Saudis.

Regional stability.

Is that so? At what cost do we try to maintain this artificial stability? Because you know the moment we pull out again, they're right back at it.

Lets face it, in the end, this is a fight for regional supremacy between Saudi Arabia and Iran. Lets cut the crap. Israel and the US are backing the Saudis. Russia is backing Iran.

Syria and Iraq are the prizes they are fighting over.

So here's a question - will the portion of these people who end up in Iraq have the immunity that was the reason why we didn't leave a small force in the first place?

So here's a question - will the portion of these people who end up in Iraq have the immunity that was the reason why we didn't leave a small force in the first place?

US Forces never have "immunity" there are just agreements as to what the host country can/cannot do to them.

But that is a very good question.

I don't agree with sending in 5,000 troops. IMO, it should be 50-75,000. If we are going to put troops on the the ground put enough on the ground with enough air power to wipe ISIS out quickly. Get it over with and get out. If we are not serious about wiping them out, don't go.

I don't agree with sending in 5,000 troops. IMO, it should be 50-75,000. If we are going to put troops on the the ground put enough on the ground with enough air power to wipe ISIS out quickly. Get it over with and get out. If we are not serious about wiping them out, don't go.

Ready to send your great, great grandson?

Obama will send 3,000 to his homeland of Africa to aid in this Ebola thing and put their lives in danger, but none to fight lunatics who behead Americans. Got it!!

Ready to send your great, great grandson?

Don't have one. I would be proud if my 18 year old grandson enlist and go help wipe out ISIS. I sincerely believe they are a serious threat to the USA.

Last edited:
US Forces never have "immunity" there are just agreements as to what the host country can/cannot do to them.

But that is a very good question.

Put another way - do the current 1600 and future troops have the assurances from Iraq that we would not have going forward back when we pulled everyone out.

I'd like to hear the answer to that.

VN Store

Back