Catalonia Independence

He's talking utter bollox re. quick negotiations for Scotland to remain in the EU. They'd effectively be a new member-state so they would need to re-apply. If they didn't have a currency union then they would have no central bank so they would not be eligible at all. And there's a strong chance that Spain, Belgium or Italy could veto their re-entry.

He's talking utter bollox re. quick negotiations for Scotland to remain in the EU. They'd effectively be a new member-state so they would need to re-apply. If they didn't have a currency union then they would have no central bank so they would not be eligible at all. And there's a strong chance that Spain, Belgium or Italy could veto their re-entry.

The European Union is so F-ed up.

Germany could never conquer Europe militarily so they came up with the EU.

European Dis-Union.

At this point, I don't see what the appeal would be for Catalonia, Scotland or Ukraine to join.

The affect for businesses for their home country to leave the EU is negative. It impacts on trade agreements, foreign currency exchange. There would be a major agricultural impact and the fishing industry would be in chaos.

I studied EU law for a couple of years and it is really complicated. But all in all it's positive to be a member-state. Certainly greatly positive to be a large member-state like the UK or Spain with more control.

The affect for businesses for their home country to leave the EU is negative. It impacts on trade agreements, foreign currency exchange. There would be a major agricultural impact and the fishing industry would be in chaos.

I studied EU law for a couple of years and it is really complicated. But all in all it's positive to be a member-state. Certainly greatly positive to be a large member-state like the UK or Spain with more control.

How is Spain doing right now with the added sanctions to Russia in addition to their already anemic economy?

Instead of being lashed together with these trade agreements with other countries, they could do what they want autonomously that is within their best interests.

How is Spain doing right now with the added sanctions to Russia in addition to their already anemic economy?

They were more reluctant to impose the sanctions because they are more reliant on Russian imports and I believe they also have a pretty decent export market over there. But ho-hum Russia deserves what it is getting and Spain can purchase oil from other countries, the barrels cost the same amount errywhere.

Instead of being lashed together with these trade agreements with other countries, they could do what they want autonomously that is within their best interests.

Trade between EU countries it made so much easier and cheaper because of the common market and eurozone. A country like Spain would have added costs. Quite frankly countries like Switzerland only survive outside of the EU because they are relatively tiny and the Swiss has a ginormous banking sector and always has. Scandinavian countries are also more reluctant because they have larger quantities of natural resources and so can use that to leverage trade agreements.

Reactions: 1 person
"It's the ****ing Catalonia independence referendum"

attachment.php

Reactions: 2 people
They had lost WW1 before we entered, the AEF just hurried it along. And they didn't defeat France or Italy,

Germany, or Prussia back in the day, has always taken over huge chunks of Europe. WW2 saw them take all of mainland Europe except for Spain, a chunk of North Africa, and 2 out of 3 Scandinavian countries.

Hell if you look at it the Germanic people have been trying to take over Europe for almost 2000 years. We can go back to the Visigoths and Vandals whipping the Roman Empires ass all the way to Hitler taking over most of Europe through invasion or alliance.

I think Germany realized the "safer" way to control Europe is through the EU.

They had lost WW1 before we entered, the AEF just hurried it along. And they didn't defeat France or Italy,

I don't think many historians would agree with that. After they signed the armistice with Russia they had a real chance with the 1918 Spring offensive but the Yanks arrived just in time.

VN Store

Back