Prosecuting Parents

hog88

Your ray of sunshine
I'm a little torn over this idea of prosecuting parents for their kids actions as this dad wants to do.

“Where were the parents?” asks Anthony Pasquale, sitting in the back booth of the Liberty Diner in Clayton, where his coffee is on the house now, because, as is the case everywhere else in town, everyone knows who he is. “Parenting comes with responsibilities, and one of those is to raise your kids right, to pay attention and know when they’re a danger to someone else. That’s a parent’s job.”

To fail at that job is a crime, he believes. He’s recently taken his certainty to court, suing Justin Robinson’s parents for, essentially, being bad parents. He has also turned to Change.org and the New Jersey Legislature, advocating for “Autumn’s Law,” which would punish such parenting with prison.

A lawsuit, sure, parents are financially liable for their kids but I have a problem with the idea of prosecution.

Is it a crime to raise a killer?

Our local juvenile court judge has been putting parents on probation or giving them a night or two in jail for at least 10 years because they do not control their children and send them to school.

Agree it is not cut and dry, but there are times you can draw a direct correlation between the parent's behavior and the crimes of the kid. When that is the case, then I say they should be locked up.

Case in point, I know a kid who brought a hand gun to school when he was in the 6th grade. By any standard he should have been expelled or sent to the alternative ed program. But, his mom cried racism and threatened to sue so they suspended him for 10 days and let him back in. She blamed everyone, the teachers, the other students, the principal etc but not herself, her son or the people who gave him the gun. 3 years later we weren't surprised when he was arrested for shooting another kid in the McDonald's parking lot. I was sad, but not surprised, when his older brother was shot and killed last Saturday. Their ruined lives fall on that mother's shoulders and she should be held accountable, in my view.

we are beginning to run into problems where the wussification of our country and the intrusion into our private lives is making for serious conflicts of ideals. this is a great example.. how can it be possible that :

a) you cant whip your kids with a belt or make them go pick a switch like i was disciplined as a kid, because if you leave a mark on them DSS will show up and take them away from you at least temporarily...which would send a message to your kids that as long as they had DSS to call they didnt have to answer to you...
AND
b) hold you responsible for the misdeeds and unruly behavior of your kids even when they are not in your presence...to the point of holding you financially and legally responsible to include actual incarceration of the parents.

how can they tie your hands and then lock you up for not disciplining your kids? and let me be the first to say child abuse is a terrible act and is never OK...and that i also believe a parent should NEVER be jailed for the actions of their kids unless the trained the children to be killers, thieves, molesters etc. OR coerced/threatened their kids into committing criminal acts. the liberal policies of this country are absolutely destroying the family, the home, and our future. SMDH

Reactions: 3 people
we are beginning to run into problems where the wussification of our country and the intrusion into our private lives is making for serious conflicts of ideals. this is a great example.. how can it be possible that :

a) you cant whip your kids with a belt or make them go pick a switch like i was disciplined as a kid, because if you leave a mark on them DSS will show up and take them away from you at least temporarily...which would send a message to your kids that as long as they had DSS to call they didnt have to answer to you...
AND
b) hold you responsible for the misdeeds and unruly behavior of your kids even when they are not in your presence...to the point of holding you financially and legally responsible to include actual incarceration of the parents.

how can they tie your hands and then lock you up for not disciplining your kids? and let me be the first to say child abuse is a terrible act and is never OK...and that i also believe a parent should NEVER be jailed for the actions of their kids unless the trained the children to be killers, thieves, molesters etc. OR coerced/threatened their kids into committing criminal acts. the liberal policies of this country are absolutely destroying the family, the home, and our future. SMDH

I'm OK with solid discipline, letting parents do their job and then holding them accountable.

I'm sorry for the father's loss of his daughter. But at what point does he accept responsibility as well? He let her have a facebook account, a cell phone, and ride around an area all by herself. In this day and age, that's just dumb/naive.

And here's what that scumbags degenerate (single) mother said:

It was the system, she said, that failed him: “I believe that even though he is a special education student,” she said, “Justin was not given the type and amount of help that he needed.”

It's always the "system" that's at fault. Why blame yourself when you can always blame "the system".

Reactions: 3 people
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj2zJSUiUH8[/youtube]

that is wrong and not what I'm talking about in my post above.

I really believe something needs to be done about civil forfeiture laws. First step is to divorce the proceeds from those who do the seizures to remove the financial incentives associated. Heck, let the proceeds fund the arts or political advertising or free health care for prostitutes.

Second, they need to define forfeiture as a criminal penalty rather than a civil penalty and make sure there is the full protection of rights under the laws. Due process must be followed and it must be done only after a conviction.

that is wrong and not what I'm talking about in my post above.

I really believe something needs to be done about civil forfeiture laws. First step is to divorce the proceeds from those who do the seizures to remove the financial incentives associated. Heck, let the proceeds fund the arts or political advertising or free health care for prostitutes.

Second, they need to define forfeiture as a criminal penalty rather than a civil penalty and make sure there is the full protection of rights under the laws. Due process must be followed and it must be done only after a conviction.

That will never happen because the authorities would have to present the case to a jury and not a sympathetic judge.

VN Store

Back