Condi Rice as NFL Commissioner?

Grand Vol

Official VN Armorer
Lab Rat
And interesting thought.

Ray Rice case: Condoleezza Rice should replace Roger Goodell as NFL commissioner | Fox News

Condi Rice: The one person who could save the NFL - The Washington Post

Condoleezza Rice made a startling admission to the New York Times in 2002. The then-national security adviser to President George W. Bush said it was “absolutely right” that she wanted to be commissioner of the National Football League. This was no joke. Rice was serious, but she wanted it to be known that she wouldn’t want to do it “before Paul Tagliabue is ready to step down.”

Well, Tagliabue is long gone and his successor Roger Goodell has made a mess of it. Time for the former secretary of state with an intense love of the game to step in and save the NFL.

Can't do much worse that Goodell at this point.

I'm not sure the NFL would want to deal with her baggage in all honesty. In some circles she's viewed as a war criminal for her role in the lead up to the Iraq war.

Reactions: 2 people
I posted something about Condalisa Rice being the next commissioner in the Ray Rice thread. I personally think she would be a great choice that would bring credibility to the league.

I'm not sure the NFL would want to deal with her baggage in all honesty. In some circles she's viewed as a war criminal for her role in the lead up to the Iraq war.

Aside from the Rooneys I don't think most owners would agree.

Why should a woman that has never played the sport dictate policies regarding the sport?

It's an executive role. Why is experience playing the sport a qualification? Besides, when is the last time the commissioner had much playing experience?

The commissioner works for the owners (something I think most people don't realize). The NFL will not hire someone who has the political clout that she does.

The commissioner works for the owners (something I think most people don't realize). The NFL will not hire someone who has the political clout that she does.

Political clout is normally a good thing. Goodale has strong political connections. Tagliabue had political connections as well from his time in DC. Besides, most owners align with Condi's political leanings.

every time i read her name i hear dave chappelle saying "Condulingus Riiiiiice"...him in a klan robe as a blind,black, white supremacist may be the funniest skit i have ever seen. Although it was brief, Daves show was the funniest thing ever put on television IMO. wish that I owned the boxed set of DVDs.

every time i read her name i hear dave chappelle saying "Condulingus Riiiiiice"...him in a klan robe as a blind,black, white supremacist may be the funniest skit i have ever seen. Although it was brief, Daves show was the funniest thing ever put on television IMO. wish that I owned the boxed set of DVDs.

Lmao "big noses takin up all the white man's air!"

They are on Hulu. Maybe Netflix. One of those

The NFL commissioner is a business person and delegate, sports background is not required.

People that actually have experience in the career they lead people in tend to have more respect for the job and tend to be respected more by those they are leading.

People that actually have experience in the career they lead people in tend to have more respect for the job and tend to be respected more by those they are leading.

Um, when was the last commissioner that played in the NFL?

Whole bunch of dumb in the above.

VN Store

Back