FBI Investigation of Ray Rice Video??

DC_Vol

Bush league poster
Can someone explain why this is a matter worthy of an FBI investigation? Why are Senators writing letters inquiring about the matter? Don't we have more pressing concerns?

Is someone going to be arrested for not punishing Rice severely enough?

Report: NFL received Ray Rice video in April - CNN.com

The only people who I see that may have committed crimes are Rice and his now wife. Domestic abuse is commonplace and handled by local police all of the time. The FBI?

Talk...

Reactions: 1 person
How many games has Ray Rice played this year?

A: zero

How many games would Rice have played if the NFL had suspended him indefinitely months ago?

A: zero

Over reaction by everyone involved.

Domestic abuse happens all across the country everyday. While it's sad, it's not like he killed someone or seriously injured someone. He punched a woman. Awful that it happened, but he's getting screwed here by the NFL's weak initial suspension. Had he been suspended 8 games from the start, I don't think the reaction would be as it is now.

The NFL put up a weak punishment, then came back with a strong one. Why the outrage?

Where in the link you posted does it say the FBI is investigating?

This is what the link that you posted says:

Late Wednesday, the NFL announced that former FBI Director Robert Mueller will lead an independent inquiry into the league's investigation and gathering of evidence in the case.

Goodell said Mueller will have access to all NFL records, spokesman Greg Aiello said. Two NFL owners who are attorneys -- John Mara of the New York Giants and Art Rooney II of the Pittsburgh Steelers -- will oversee the independent probe.

"Independent" = Not FBI

"Independent" has raised some interesting opinions.

The NFL is like a cat in a litter box with the runs. Can't cover it quick enough.

Domestic abuse happens all across the country everyday. While it's sad, it's not like he killed someone or seriously injured someone. He punched a woman. Awful that it happened, but he's getting screwed here by the NFL's weak initial suspension. Had he been suspended 8 games from the start, I don't think the reaction would be as it is now.

The NFL put up a weak punishment, then came back with a strong one. Why the outrage?

I agree with some of that. I have a hard time feeling that he is getting screwed tho.

This drags out very much longer and the political hacks will steal the show looking for cheap points. Never miss a chance to score on an outrage.

The woman could have been killed. He got what he deserved.

Yep it's not the FBI.

It's like what Penn St. did with the former Louis Freh?

NFL is smart to try to regain some credibility.

The Commish will be gone - mark it.

Yep it's not the FBI.

It's like what Penn St. did with the former Louis Freh?

NFL is smart to try to regain some credibility.

The Commish will be gone - mark it.

Condalisa Rice the next commish?

I think it is very possible.

Goodell should have said from the jump that 2 games is the rule, nothing I can do because of the CBA.

The commish will only be gone if the NFL succumbs to the stupid and blood thirsty media, and all the idiots they riled up.

The NFL lying about having the tapes is minor. They didn't lie about Ray Rice punching her. That was clear to everyone months ago.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if he's fired anyways. I guess it depends on what he does behind the scenes (labor negotiations, media negotiations, etc.). Maybe he's worth the stupid PR storm.

The commish will only be gone if the NFL succumbs to the stupid and blood thirsty media, and all the idiots they riled up.

The NFL lying about having the tapes is minor. They didn't lie about Ray Rice punching her. That was clear to everyone months ago.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if he's fired anyways. I guess it depends on what he does behind the scenes (labor negotiations, media negotiations, etc.). Maybe he's worth the stupid PR storm.

100% agree with the bold.

The DA is the one people should be after, not the guys employer and league. Although I do despise Goodell.

Goodell should have said from the jump that 2 games is the rule, nothing I can do because of the CBA.

Should have know better than to take the word of the guy that knocked out a woman knowing there was more info to be had (assuming no one within the offices already had it).

Should have know better than to take the word of the guy that knocked out a woman knowing there was more info to be had (assuming no one within the offices already had it).

What do you mean? The NFL knew he knocked her out. Everybody had access to video of him dragging her out. TMZ released it. That was the whole basis for the original suspension.

There was no new information, just a video that the 24/7 news networks realized would be good for ratings.

The reason the NFL suspension was two games is because of Rice's previous record of being a good teammate, person, and community member. It's the same reason the DA didn't do anything (besides that he couldn't do much anyways). The reason it's now a season is because Goodell realized that the punishment didn't fit the crime, he admitted as much a few weeks ago, before the video came out. Then when the video came out, the media got everybody riled up about something that was well established months ago.

I just want to point out I think Rice is a pos. But I understand that this is no where near a fire-able offense. And it's quite ridiculous concerning the timeline...and that Ray Lewis has a statue.

If the rule/policy was a two game suspension for domestic violence, it doesn't matter what the tape showed.

VN Store

Back