Speech Tonight - Any Predictions?

volinbham

VN GURU
It seems one thing he needs to do but is so reluctant to do is argue why we (the US; not some coalition where we are leading from behind) need to take the fight aggressively to ISIS.

I don't think it's in his DNA.

The context is interesting after all he told us:

the tide of war is receding

the war on terror is over

we are leaving Iraq as a save, stable place with a stable government

we cannot constantly be on a war footing

Al Quaeda is on the run

etc.

I believe he'll announce we're going to start airstrikes within Syrian airspace as well as expand the bombing campaign across Iraq.

I hope he announces he has put a coalition together with some Arab Nations and vows to use all means to put ISIS out of business.

He will probably announce we are going to start bombing ISIS in Syria and that's it.

This is a chance he has to redeem his failed presidency. Will he take the opportunity to do so, probably not.

Starter phrases for Speech Bingo

"let me be clear"
"no boots on the ground"
"strong coalition"
"not a war"
"degrade and destroy"
"humanitarian"

add your own

Reactions: 1 person
I hope he announces he has put a coalition together with some Arab Nations and vows to use all means to put ISIS out of business.

He will probably announce we are going to start bombing ISIS in Syria and that's it.

This is a chance he has to redeem his failed presidency. Will he take the opportunity to do so, probably not.

my correction is that he has a chance to redeem his failed FP with regard to ISIS. Even if he gets this exactly right (less chance than the Vols whipping OU) he still has a failed presidency

He'll say: "I've asked Congress to authorize the use of military force against ISIL in Iraq and Syria."

He means: "I need another blank check to buy as many smart bombs and tomahawk missiles as possible"

He'll say: "This will be a strategic campaign with strict limits and objectives."

He'll mean: "I'll use drones and bombers anywhere I want."

He'll say: "There will be a small contingent of US military and coalition forces primarily in a training, advise and assist role."

He'll mean: "The US and Brits will provide SOF on the ground to target ISIL forces, while a token force of Latvians, Croatians and Fijians guard the chow hall."

Reactions: 2 people
Yes... that the viewership ratings will be down. I hate to admit it, but I have lost all interest in hearing anything he has to say since it has mostly been proven to be nothing more than empty rhetoric with little action.

Yes... that the viewership ratings will be down. I hate to admit it, but I have lost all interest in hearing anything he has to say since it has mostly been proven to be nothing more than empty rhetoric with little action.

I think the viewership may be up tonight. This is a topic that Americans are very interested in , per the polls.

I think the viewership may be up tonight. This is a topic that Americans are very interested in , per the polls.

Agree. But I would rather skip the initial "reading of the book" and then just get the cliff's notes version afterwards.

I believe he'll announce we're going to start airstrikes within Syrian airspace as well as expand the bombing campaign across Iraq.

Yep. He'll probably also add that we will again train the Iraqi troops as soon as the current Iraqi gov. steps down and a more inclusive government can be established.

My prediction is that the GOP smells blood on weakening Obama on foreign policy so much that the merit of whatever he says or proposes will be irrelevant to their talking points. They will blame him for the existence of ISIS, for not acting sooner, for acting too soon, for airstrikes, for not enough air strikes and on and on.

The current GOP is nothing but a bunch of traitors.

Reactions: 3 people
My prediction is that the GOP smells blood on weakening Obama on foreign policy so much that the merit of whatever he says or proposes will be irrelevant to their talking points. They will blame him for the existence of ISIS, for not acting sooner, for acting too soon, for airstrikes, for not enough air strikes and on and on.

Lmao.. You were spot on until your last little rant. It's the closest you've come to speaking the truth about our supreme leader.

And LG gets in a preemptive strike! Boom.

So you're saying no matter what Barry does he fails? You got that right. We need some good traitors to kill off the liberal regime.

They may blame Obama, however if he has put together a good plan to attack ISIS they will have to support it. If it is a bunch of BS he is spewing they will not, neither will the American people.

VN Store

Back