Fake cell phone towers

I am just curious....

Did any of the 71 thread readers even read my link or do you just not find this creepy?

There are 17 "known" cell phone towers out there right now that are picking up our calls and data and no one seems to know who owns them.

This is really odd.

Reactions: 1 person
Guess it's not a good idea to text or call sensitive information regarding yourself.

I am just curious....

Did any of the 71 thread readers even read my link or do you just not find this creepy?

There are 17 "known" cell phone towers out there right now that are picking up our calls and data and no one seems to know who owns them.
This is really odd.

Sabotage with a high powered rifle, then find out who owns and maintains the tower.

Reactions: 2 people
I am just curious....

This is really odd.

Read the link and disagree about it not being a government agency. While it is true that certain government agencies can and do use the carrier's feed to monitor traffic, it is sometimes necessary to get close to pinpoint someone. Could these towers be part of our counter-terrorism efforts? Considering their proximity to military bases, that would make sense. They would allow you to pick up communications that might indicate an imminent attack.

Read the link and disagree about it not being a government agency. While it is true that certain government agencies can and do use the carrier's feed to monitor traffic, it is sometimes necessary to get close to pinpoint someone. Could these towers be part of our counter-terrorism efforts? Considering their proximity to military bases, that would make sense. They would allow you to pick up communications that might indicate an imminent attack.

But to do that wouldn't you have to constantly be capturing data illegally from US citizens? Not a fan of that

But to do that wouldn't you have to constantly be capturing data illegally from US citizens? Not a fan of that

pretty sure Bush allowed the phone tapping of ordinary citizens so take your problem up with him, of course Obama hasn't gotten rid of it so......

Probably. I suppose they could just wait until they had probable cause and then turn them on and see who was talking but that wouldn't be much fun.

I wonder why no one has apparently searched real and business property tax rolls?
Those towers cost $100,000+ to erect 15 years ago and I can't imagine a taxing authority not getting in on that.

Show us a pic of McDaughter in two years and we can tell you.

Rules-for-dating-my-daughter.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder why no one has apparently searched real and business property tax rolls?
Those towers cost $100,000+ to erect 15 years ago and I can't imagine a taxing authority not getting in on that.

Cuz they put there by the NSA as part of the Homeland Security and patriot act

I wonder if the one they put up at my old middle school is a fake one.....might want to turn off your cell phones when driving through Chattanooga on 24

I am just curious....

This is really odd.

1) are they operational.
2) if so, can you say NSA?

VN Store

Back