Weed is good for a relationship

Coug

Smoking Weed Together Makes Couples Fight Less - Esquire

"A study at the University at Buffalo shows that domestic violence is considerably lower among couples who get high together. Researchers followed 634 couples beginning in 1996 and followed up with them periodically to chart their drug and alcohol habits and their tendency to get aggressive with their partners. Although other studies have tried to tentatively link marijuana use to less violent relationships, this is one of the few pieces of research to look at the effects over time."

Reactions: 1 person
People who smoke weed are more mellow?

Color me shocked!

But my question is does John Q Public think weed smokers are likely to be significantly less violent towards their spouses? My first thought is they would assume their being law-breakers would probably make them statistically more likely.

The Lard azzes are constantly munching on Doritos . the only argument is who gets the last chip.

Reactions: 2 people
I have never smoked marijuana. If I start, will it lead me to a life of success and untold riches?

Yes because if you're single it makes you dumber & more violent.

I was referring to the people saying people who smoke can't get off the couch.

I smoke. I have a full time job. I have a college degree. And I even went to the game on Sunday and I live 2 hours away.

Yes because if you're single it makes you dumber & more violent.

Links, or just making stuff up like you usually do?

The scientists found that “there were no significant between group differences.” In other words, the amount of pot consumed had no measurable impact on cognitive performance. The sole exception was performance on a test of short-term verbal memory, in which “current heavy users” performed slightly worse than former users. The researchers conclude that, contrary to earlier findings, the mind altering properties of marijuana are ephemeral and fleeting

Does Marijuana Make You Stupid? | Science Blogs | WIRED

So many false assumptions that people believe religiously (and a lot of it is founded on nothing substantial, whatsoever), and I am willing to bet none of this science will persuade you smart, hard-working guys to rethink your position.

Wouldn't work for me and my wife. Both of us would be unemployed and being broke would surely lead to some major fights.

So many false assumptions that people believe religiously (and a lot of it is founded on nothing substantial, whatsoever), and I am willing to bet none of this science will persuade you smart, hard-working guys to rethink your position.

I guess a lot it based on personal observation.

So you're telling me you missed Science 101? If you weren't out getting high, why did you ditch class?

I'm telling you there's just as many "scientists" & research articles that refute what you say. I'm guessing you smoke & a personal study has shown you are getting dumber.

I'm telling you there's just as many "scientists" & research articles that refute what you say. I'm guessing you smoke & a personal study has shown you are getting dumber.

Oh wait, I'm confused. So now your answer is based on science or personal observation?

Reactions: 3 people

"And a new study out of the U.K. indicates that people who start out life with high IQs tend to end up experimenting with drugs, marijuana chief among them"

Key word..experimenting...not chronic use or abuse.

My friends back in high school/college were really smart and smoked weed. They had enrolled in the engineering school...graduated with geography degrees and stock vending machines now..

Nothing against smoking weed, I did it in High School..but to suggest that marijuana is the key to a domestic violence free relationship is like saying a college degree in art history guarantees you a CEO spot in a fortune 100 company..

VN Store

Back