Mayor forces man to leave meeting for refusing to stand for Pledge

can't find a political party affiliation for this guy, which means he isn't a Republican.

Reactions: 2 people
can't find a political party affiliation for this guy, which means he isn't a Republican.

I know the mayor and his wife, she and my wife taught school together , they're staunch conservatives and good people. You don't want to respect our flag fine, gtfo then.

Sounds like an idiot but stupid voters get what they deserve. Probably a good representation

I know the mayor and his wife, she and my wife taught school together , they're staunch conservatives and good people. You don't want to respect our flag fine, gtfo then.

Bump that ratchet crap. Compliance due to force is nothing more than a hollow show of respect. It isn't in their heart. And acting like a totalitarian isn't going to win the person over; in fact, it does more long term damage. There are lots of things that offend me personally. Rees took his personal feelings of offense and acting upon those with the power and weight of the office he holds.

Reactions: 5 people
Bump that ratchet crap. Compliance due to force is nothing more than a hollow show of respect. It isn't in their heart. And acting like a totalitarian isn't going to win the person over; in fact, it does more long term damage. There are lots of things that offend me personally. Rees took his personal feelings of offense and acting upon those with the power and weight of the office he holds.

Nobody forced anyone to do anything, he was asked to leave and he complied, a lot of good people have fought and died for our right to fly that flag, I respect your opinion although i disagree with your conclusion.

Reactions: 1 person
Nobody forced anyone to do anything, he was asked to leave and he complied, a lot of good people have fought and died for our right to fly that flag, I respect your opinion although i disagree with your conclusion.

The police have him a choice, leave or get arrested. Sorry can't do that!

The flag should stand for freedom, the freedom to honor or disrespect it is equal.

Reactions: 4 people
The police have him a choice, leave or get arrested. Sorry can't do that!

The flag should stand for freedom, the freedom to honor or disrespect it is equal.

Not in a government function sorry, pull your permit and go protest with all the illegals.

Many people have fought and many people made the ultimate sacrifice. I completely respect that. I am personally saddened when I observe someone disrespecting it. He was told to comply or leave which is a false dichotomy (I assume this was a public meeting and open to the public). The mayor made a bad decision based on emotion. I understand your wife to be friends with his wife. I am also confident he is a good person that makes many good decisions everyday. The day he asked this person to comply of leave wasn't one of them.

Not in a government function sorry, pull your permit and go protest with all the illegals.

Especially at a government function. If this was private property, throw the bum out but any citizen has the absolute right to be a non violent azz at government functions.

Many people have fought and many people made the ultimate sacrifice. I completely respect that. I am personally saddened when I observe someone disrespecting it. He was told to comply or leave which is a false dichotomy (I assume this was a public meeting and open to the public). The mayor made a bad decision based on emotion. I understand your wife to be friends with his wife. I am also confident he is a good person that makes many good decisions everyday. The day he asked this person to comply of leave wasn't one of them.

He's extremely popular with his constituents and a overall good person, we all allow our emotions to influence our decision making process at times , just shows a total lack of respect for our flag and govt procedures.

He's extremely popular with his constituents and a overall good person, we all allow our emotions to influence our decision making process at times , just shows a total lack of respect for our flag and govt procedures.

Showing respect for the flag and standing for the Pledge are two completely different things. I think the guy who quietly left the proceedings was more respectful than the mayor who decided to attempt to publicly embarrass someone who may have had a good reason for not standing.

Give that idiot a gun and send him to the front lines of war. If he makes it back alive, maybe he won't take the Flag for granted.

I'm glad he is popular. Hopefully, he continues to govern well and make good decisions for his constituents after this issue has passed.

The difference between my emotional decisions and the Mayor's is I am not acting in an official capacity as an agent of the government imposing my emotions on others. The Mayor is. The guy showed a lack of respect for the flag; I agree with you on that. Did he show a lack of respect for government procedures; I don't see that in the article. Doesn't sound like he was trying to be a disruptive influence. And, I don't think the dude broke any law by his actions.

One of the things that really pizzes me off is when guys leave their hats on during the national anthem. I really just want to smack it off their head. But I also don't want to miss the game sitting in a cell.

Give that idiot a gun and send him to the front lines of war. If he makes it back alive, maybe he won't take the Flag for granted.

You realize all the soldiers who died fighting for this country did so to protect this mans right to not stand and for citizens to burn the flag in protest. Would I do any of those things? No way in hell. Does it anger me? Yes it does. It is not my right or the governments right to infringe on these things.

I'm glad he is popular. Hopefully, he continues to govern well and make good decisions for his constituents after this issue has passed.

The difference between my emotional decisions and the Mayor's is I am not acting in an official capacity as an agent of the government imposing my emotions on others. The Mayor is. The guy showed a lack of respect for the flag; I agree with you on that. Did he show a lack of respect for government procedures; I don't see that in the article. Doesn't sound like he was trying to be a disruptive influence. And, I don't think the dude broke any law by his actions.

This community is Mayberry in comparison to Orlando, they do shiite differently in smaller community's . The mere fact he didn't want to honor the flag and govt protocols was a disruption in itself.

VN Store

Back