AZ shooting range instructor killed by 9 year old girl shooting an uzi

Gramps

Arizona Shooting Range Instructor Killed by Girl With Uzi - NBC News

A shooting range instructor in Arizona was accidentally shot and killed by a 9-year-old girl who was learning how to shoot an Uzi, authorities said on Tuesday.

Charles Vacca, 39, was teaching the girl how to use the automatic weapon on Monday morning at the Last Stop outdoor shooting range in White Hills, Arizona, when she pulled the trigger and the kickback caused the gun to lurch over her head, investigators said.

Dad bought me my first single shot shotgun when I was around 10 and taught me gun safety. I in turn taught my son when he was 10-12. I cannot imagine why any parent would think it is okay for a 9 year old kid be allowed to shoot an Uzi. Stupid move by the parents and the gun instructor, IMO.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm one of the most pro gun guys on here, but this is pretty irresponsible. Both on the parents and the instructor.

Very sad situation.

Reactions: 2 people
Sad story. Praying for the girl and the victims family.

There definitely could have been some better wisdom shown in this situation.

This is the third or fourth time in recent memory that something akin to this has happened. While a tragic situation and one that will, unfortunately, follow this young girl for the rest of her life, you don't let kids shoot automatic weapons, boys or girls. Too weak and inexperienced.

Can't legislate or ban the stupid out of people.

Nope.

Im curious as to the opinions about the instructors involvement. Maybe his actions or decisions are less scrutinized because he was the victim of the accident, but given he was the professional involve you have to wonder what he was thinking.

Reactions: 1 person
I almost liked his post since it's one of the first times I've seen him call for accountability of the idiots instead of the objects.

The parent(s) are stupid.

He must have gotten laid last night.

Nope.

Im curious as to the opinions about the instructors involvement. Maybe his actions or decisions are less scrutinized because he was the victim of the accident, but given he was the professional involve you have to wonder what he was thinking.

He was just as, actually more stupid than the parents.

9 yo took care of one.

I know that was bad.

It was, but the place actually advertised for training kids like this. The one person in the whole dynamic who is totally without fault, the 9 year old, is the one who is going to have to live with this.

Reactions: 1 person
It was, but the place actually advertised for training kids like this. The one person in the whole dynamic who is totally without fault, the 9 year old, is the one who is going to have to live with this.

The parents and facility owner (unless it was the deceased) will also have to live with the ramifications.

VN Store

Back