Website shows surplus military equipment purchased by each county police department.

What do you classify as "militarized".

I think the biggest thing people have issues with are the armored vehicles. Being that it's the largest and most visible piece of hardware they get.

A lot of the items on that list are really not a huge deal. Here's Oklahoma County where I live for example:

Military_equip_to_states Search and Report

Not sure why they need bayonets lol but a lot of the stuff on that list is generally not "militarization."

I think the biggest thing people have issues with are the armored vehicles. Being that it's the largest and most visible piece of hardware they get.

A lot of the items on that list are really not a huge deal. Here's Oklahoma County where I live for example:

Military_equip_to_states Search and Report

Not sure why they need bayonets lol but a lot of the stuff on that list is generally not "militarization."

I agree I think most view APCs as a little much but I don't hold that view. I'm sure a SWAT team some where in this country was probably saved by having an armored vehicle to get them in and our of the hot zone.

I agree I think most view APCs as a little much but I don't hold that view. I'm sure a SWAT team some where in this country was probably saved by having an armored vehicle to get them in and our of the hot zone.

I think certain times and places they have their uses. But Mayberry PD isn't really in great need of an armored vehicle for the most part.

Good to see Sumner County is ready for war.

the list is 3 pages long and includes 700,000 vehicles.

I am not military but that is a lot of guns.

sheesh.

then again...Madison is only 8 minutes down the road.

:)

question for military people.

the "platform kit, gunner" that Sumner bought for about 3 grand....is that for a 50 cal?

Also, the mine resistant vehicles....what would those be?

Lastly, why we need a grenade launcher?

the "platform kit, gunner" that Sumner bought for about 3 grand....is that for a 50 cal?

Not sure about the first.

Second is basically a fancier armored personnel carrier designed to better survive IEDs & road side bombs.

Third, you need that to launch tear gas canisters and such.

I think I set in the vehicle you mentioned.

They had it at our church for show, and you could walk through it.

had 6 seats in the back, tailgate went down to run out of, and 2 seats in front, also had a cockpit you could crawl up into that had a place where you could put a 50 cal turret.

It was quite impressive.

I think I set in the vehicle you mentioned.

They had it at our church for show, and you could walk through it.

had 6 seats in the back, tailgate went down to run out of, and 2 seats in front, also had a cockpit you could crawl up into that had a place where you could put a 50 cal turret.

It was quite impressive.

And that's honestly what these small town forces have these for; To show and have at homecoming parades and such. You'll probably never see them used for any other purpose. Of course you'll have your types like Huff that will complain but throw the boys a bone and a lot of times a cool toy like that can be tools to build relationships with their communities.

Not sure if I feel more protected or more at risk living in Sumner County after seeing this.

VN Store

Back