Rick Perry Indicted

Gramps

Reactions: 1 person
Last edited:
Witch hunt.

Said prosecutor got a DUI and was a horse's backside, Perry refused to fund her anti-corruption unit until she resigned, prosecutor tells Perry to stick it.

Perry vetoes funding to said unit. Now Perry is indicted for "abusing his powers and coercion."

Witch hunt.

Said prosecutor got a DUI and was a horse's backside, Perry refused to fund her anti-corruption unit until she resigned, prosecutor tells Perry to stick it.

Perry vetoes funding to said unit. Now Perry is indicted for "abusing his powers and coercion."

I read that article too and agree with your TL;DR except for the witch hunt part. If the article is accurate, Perry deserves what he's about to get. Seriously, he tried to shut down and dismantle a public anti-corruption task force by claiming the public had lost faith in it's influential (D) leader? That took balls.

The Texas Democratic Party called on Perry to resign after the indictment was announced, calling the situation "unbecoming" of a Texas governor. Mary Anne Wiley, general counsel for Perry, said in a statement that the governor's actions were allowed under the law. "The veto in question was made in accordance w/the veto authority afforded to every governor under the Texas Constitution".

The Texas Democratic Party called on Perry to resign after the indictment was announced, calling the situation "unbecoming" of a Texas governor. Mary Anne Wiley, general counsel for Perry, said in a statement that the governor's actions were allowed under the law. "The veto in question was made in accordance w/the veto authority afforded to every governor under the Texas Constitution".

Guess they're unaware who our president is.

Reactions: 5 people
What's up with these darlings of the Republican Party Governors.
Bob McDonnell charged with corruption,
Rick Perry indicted by a grand jury for abuse of power.

I thought the libs were the crooks.

libs are the crooks.....see the Oval Office holder bought & paid for.

They're all crooks, Gramps.

Reactions: 3 people
He should hire Eric Holder..he's still created more jobs than Obama ..

How was this relevant?

I think it's funny how y'all make fun of LG for diverting to Bush's faults in response to criticism of the current admin, then turn around and do this.

It's very, very telling.

Reactions: 6 people
I read that article too and agree with your TL;DR except for the witch hunt part. If the article is accurate, Perry deserves what he's about to get. Seriously, he tried to shut down and dismantle a public anti-corruption task force by claiming the public had lost faith in it's influential (D) leader? That took balls.

You are almost correct. He didn't try to shut it down, just stopped funding it.

Here's my take on it. Perry is correct in calling for her resignation. In a position like that, she has to be above reproach. And I'd say that regardless of her political affiliation. She compromised herself especially given her position and should have done the right thing and stepped aside as leader of that task force.

I agree with his stance of her stepping down or pulling the plug on their funding. And that's an apolitical statement because party doesn't matter when you get caught in a compromising situation like she did.

He'll get killed for this by people who won't spend 30 seconds researching what actually happened. The details of this stink to high heaven.

How was this relevant?

I think it's funny how y'all make fun of LG for diverting to Bush's faults in response to criticism of the current admin, then turn around and do this.

It's very, very telling.

Let me Splain it to you, Holder equates to corruption and getting a pass, and Gov Perry has created a shlt load of jobs . Is this clear enough or should I write it in crayon for you. You're in need of a few swats amigo.

I wouldn't call it ballsy to suggest that the public might have lost confidence in a DA after this . . . TRAVIS COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY LEHMBERG'S BOOKING FOOTAGE KOKE FM 042113 - YouTube

Let me Splain it to you, Holder equates to corruption and getting a pass, and Gov Perry has created a shlt load of jobs . Is this clear enough or should I write it in crayon for you. You're in need of a few swats amigo.

I asked you how it was relevant. I'm not the one in need of swats, compadre.

He'll get killed for this by people who won't spend 30 seconds researching what actually happened. The details of this stink to high heaven.

Like I said, my stance on this is from an integrity position and not one of partisan politics. She compromised herself, she should have done the honorable thing and stepped down.

How was this relevant?

It's very, very telling.

Also, here.

That's because if LG wasn't a hypocrite he'd already be posting in this thread about how the Lib's are taking potshots calling for Perry to resign. Isn't that what he did regarding the impeachment discussion about Obama?

I asked you how it was relevant. I'm not the one in need of swats, compadre.

Obviously you are, perry charged with corruption, holder comes to mind, the most corrupt AG to date. Rick Perry, solid governor and job creator, Obama weak leader and job killer...take it in this time . Peace Out

Like I said, my stance on this is from an integrity position and not one of partisan politics. She compromised herself, she should have done the honorable thing and stepped down.

I'm in the same boat as you. Personally, I think Rick Perry is an empty suit and I'm not a fan. But there's no way to look at this objectively and not see the pure politics.

VN Store

Back