Seriously?

Professor Nono

The people of Knox County elected a guy to Chancery Court who has been an attorney since 2011. Over Chancellor Fansler who has heard over 25,000 cases in his court. Because Fansler had a "D" beside his name.

Idiots. Just. Plain. Idiots.

Reactions: 2 people
The people of Knox County elected a guy to Chancery Court who has been an attorney since 2011. Over Chancellor Fansler who has heard over 25,000 cases in his court. Because Fansler had a "D" beside his name.

It doesn't matter how many cases he has heard. That seat didn't belong to him.

Reactions: 1 person
It doesn't matter how many cases he has heard. That seat didn't belong to him.

No, it does matter how many cases he has heard on the bench. It also matters how many cases he handled as an attorney before assuming the bench. This is a basic concept known as "experience." With experience comes wisdom and insight.

Chancery court aint for kiddies. It's big boy court.

It's insane to install a 3 year attorney into that position. I'm not saying Mr. Pridemore is a bad man or an idiot. However, I am saying that attorneys don't have a clue about the practice of law until they have been at it for at least 7 years or so.

This is not a good thing.

Reactions: 3 people

It's Tennessee, were you actually expecting logic and intelligence to outweigh the R beside the other guys name?

Reactions: 5 people
No, it does matter how many cases he has heard on the bench. It also matters how many cases he handled as an attorney before assuming the bench. This is a basic concept known as "experience." With experience comes wisdom and insight.

Chancery court aint for kiddies. It's big boy court.

It's insane to install a 3 year attorney into that position. I'm not saying Mr. Pridemore is a bad man or an idiot. However, I am saying that attorneys don't have a clue about the practice of law until they have been at it for at least 7 years or so.

This is not a good thing.

How many years does it take to know the law and be wise?

I told you. At least seven. Preferably 15.

That's ridiculous!

Time and experience dosn't automaticly equate to competence and wisdom.

And I will add, the fact the guy ran as a Dem in this political climate is a demonstration of bad judgement. Well just being a Dem is a sign of bad judgement in the first place.

Last edited:
That's ridiculous!

Time and experience dosn't automaticly equate to competence and wisdom.

I don't know, if I needed heart surgery - I'd probably opt for the M.D. who'd done it 25,000 times rather than the M.D. 3 years out of residency.

There's something to be said for the experience that time brings.

Reactions: 2 people
Elections have consequences. The people spoke. Why do the libs get butthurt when a D losses in a fair election?

Serious questions:
What are the qualifications to run for judge?

Also, why do the people elect judges and the judges run on a political platform? Why are politics in the courtroom?

I don't know, if I needed heart surgery - I'd probably opt for the M.D. who'd done it 25,000 times rather than the M.D. 3 years out of residency.

Wow, didn't know you had a heart :p....learn something everyday.

In the general sense I've always been a bit dubious about the idea that it's somehow a given that by the mere fact someone is more "experienced" it makes them more qualified. Sometimes, probably often even, that is in fact the case. Having said that a Fr won the Heisman and led his team to an undefeated season and NT and Sheila Jackson Lee has been a US Representative since '95. A dearth or abundance of experience doesn't seem to guarantee much...certainly not all the time.

You are omitting some vital information in this post, and you are accepting the fallacious maxim "practice makes perfect".

Time and experience makes the craftsman better at his craft, but not all those engaged in a craft are craftsmen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

I've got a different view of this, after experience I've decided I want the younger (not just out of med school) doctor who is up on all the new procedures. The old guy just might be too set in his ways.

Care to explain this? This only means something to the inexperienced.

No it doesn't. Most men I know over 55 and successful are complacent and set in their ways, will not listen and stubborn. Their trying to hang on to what they have instead of going for more.

VN Store

Back