BREAKING## Stacey Campfield loses!!!!

Briggs, while won't be as outspoken, is the consummate politician. He'll vote how ever the wind's blowing. He talks out of both sides of his mouth. This was really a no win situation.

Reactions: 1 person
If I remember correctly, he had some incredibly stupid ideas that he tried to get enacted.

He threatened to introduce legislation to de-fund UT because he felt it was too liberal.... Against the advice of all UT administration he pushed forward a law that was passed allowing students to "opt out of student fees" used for speakers and other events, significantly limiting the type of speakers the university can bring to campus (an important thing as UT is striving to increase national ranking and image).

He introduced legislation referred to as the "Don't say gay" bill that would make teachers legally responsible for calling a child's parent and outting their sexuality if the child came out to a school educator or classmate. He claimed the parents needed to know, even though suicide rates are significantly higher among lgbt youth due to family non-acceptance of their sexuality. This led to the bijou on the bistro incident that made world news when the restaurant owner refused to serve him in her Knoxville restaurant.

He is on the record saying parents shouldn't let their children watch the tv show Modern Family because they may learn that gay people exist.

It goes on and on.... But tonight, the world celebrates. Yes, his challenger may be no better, but campfield is gone. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Poor Stacey Campfield. Rarely does an incumbent get beaten so badly.

Last count had Briggs at 67% of vote, Campfield 28%

Will be interesting to see the final numbers. He has Knoxville flooded with those huge red Campfield signs. Apparently they didn't help, only reminded people to get out and vote against him. I know several democrats who voted for Briggs tonight out of pure despise of Campfield.

He threatened to introduce legislation to de-fund UT because he felt it was too liberal.... Against the advice of all UT administration he pushed forward a law that was passed allowing students to "opt out of student fees" used for speakers and other events, significantly limiting the type of speakers the university can bring to campus (an important thing as UT is striving to increase national ranking and image).

He introduced legislation referred to as the "Don't say gay" bill that would make teachers legally responsible for calling a child's parent and outting their sexuality if the child came out to a school educator or classmate. He claimed the parents needed to know, even though suicide rates are significantly higher among lgbt youth due to family non-acceptance of their sexuality. This led to the bijou on the bistro incident that made world news when the restaurant owner refused to serve him in her Knoxville restaurant.

He is on the record saying parents shouldn't let their children watch the tv show Modern Family because they may learn that gay people exist.

It goes on and on.... But tonight, the world celebrates. Yes, his challenger may be no better, but campfield is gone. Lol

He was one crazy son of a *****, that's for sure. And your post only scratches the surface, but thanks for the Cliffnotes.

Between buttchugging, remote area medical, and Stacey Campfield, seems the good people of Knoxville were finally fed up with being the object of late night TV jokes.

Reactions: 2 people

I do like his student fee idea and if a child out's himself to teachers then the parents have a right to know. And, I understand his concern about how network TV is pushing the gay agenda. Gay's are only about 1% of the population but if you believe network TV or Hollywood they're about 20% of the population.

I do like his student fee idea and if a child out's himself to teachers then the parents have a right to know. And, I understand his concern about how network TV is pushing the gay agenda. Gay's are only about 1% of the population but if you believe network TV or Hollywood they're about 20% of the population.

I could tell from your responses to me earlier in the secession thread that you're one weird dude. And I still stand by that.

I'm sorry, but whenever someone pulls out the ole' "the gay agenda" line, I kind of shut down and go to sleep. It's akin to an RT poster pulling out the ole' "Zio-fascists Jew Nazis" line. Just a bunch of bull****, quite frankly.

Reactions: 11 people
I could tell from your responses to me earlier in the secession thread that you're one weird dude. And I still stand by that.

I'm sorry, but whenever someone pulls out the ole' "the gay agenda" line, I kind of shut down and go to sleep. It's akin to an RT poster pulling out the ole' "Zio-fascists Jew Nazis" line. Just a bunch of bull****, quite frankly.

I actually delight in the fact that you think I'm weird.

Finally, Tennesseeans have made a good decision. Now we need to work on getting Alexander out of office.

#careerpoliticians

Lamar easily won.

I don't know if easily is a word I'd use. It was 50/41 versus Carr.

For an incumbent, that's a lot closer than he should be comfortable with. And it sucks too because it's time he took a hike.

I don't know if easily is a word I'd use. It was 50/41 versus Carr.

For an incumbent, that's a lot closer than he should be comfortable with. And it sucks too because it's time he took a hike.

I agree I did my part.

Briggs, while won't be as outspoken, is the consummate politician. He'll vote how ever the wind's blowing. He talks out of both sides of his mouth. This was really a no win situation.

I know him personally and you are full of shiite. He is down to earth, a veteran, and a very intelligent man..... Besides being a good surgeon.

I know him personally and you are full of shiite. He is down to earth, a veteran, and a very intelligent man..... Besides being a good surgeon.

He's a great surgeon. I know him personally too. I've dealt with him on political issues and he's told me one thing and did just the opposite. He's a very nice guy but I wouldn't trust a thing he says. You have your opinion I have mine.

And... I won't insult you by telling you you are full of shiite, even though you probably are.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back