$619 billion unaccounted for from government:

Grand Vol

Official VN Armorer
Lab Rat
It's Fox News, so I'm sure LG will be along shortly to screech about it...

Transparency troubles: Audit finds $619B gap in federal spending site | Fox News

The Obama administration failed to properly account for how it spent nearly $619 billion, according to a watchdog audit of the main federal website meant to track where taxpayer money is going.

According to the GAO findings, funding for more than 300 programs was not reported correctly. HHS topped the list of scofflaws, failing to report or reporting late $543.8 billion worth of spending. Part of the reason the number was so high is the agency was not providing information about direct payments to individuals, like for the massive Medicaid program HHS administers.

And here's the source document:

http://www.gao.gov/assets/670/664536.pdf

Something to be said about the most transparent administration in history.

The money is transparent. There's a better chance it'll reappear in 2 years.

Of course vacations aren't cheap.

Reactions: 1 person
Ho Hum. Same ol' sh!tty reliable reports of bad things w/this pos corrupt administrataion to keep f***ing things up w/Depts & people not being held accountable. The wolf has been in charge of the chicken coop far too long & nobody does anything to hold people in charge accountable for their incompetence.

I wish I had $619 billion of other peoples money to blow.

It's hilarious that proponents of the nanny state want the government to take care of them yet the ****ing government can't even take care of itself.

Reactions: 6 people
It went to communities of course. I hope the next administration is not afraid to have the DOJ investigate all this. Obama will be the first ex-President ever prosecuted for criminal conduct.

Reactions: 5 people
It went to communities of course. I hope the next administration is not afraid to have the DOJ investigate all this. Obama will be the first ex-President ever prosecuted for criminal conduct.

Yeah we can all hope that's true.

There is no chance he will be charged with a crime. And even if he were charged and convicted, the next President would give him a full pardon. There will be no repercussions for his actions.

There is no chance he will be charged with a crime. And even if he were charged and convicted, the next President would give him a full pardon. There will be no repercussions for his actions.

Yes there will be but not for him, the rest of us will continue to get the "repercussions" right where the sun don't shine.

Ron, your avi is killing me.

:eek:lol:

I wish I had $619 billion of other peoples money to blow.

It's hilarious that proponents of the nanny state want the government to take care of them yet the ****ing government can't even take care of itself.

Don't worry. People in government are taking care of themselves.

Its hard to tell if its just a reporting problem -- article seems to suggest that a couple of times -- or a missing money problem. Not saying its good, but when you equate this to some sort of intentional lack of transparency or hiding things, I think that's reaching a bit at this point.

Its hard to tell if its just a reporting problem -- article seems to suggest that a couple of times -- or a missing money problem. Not saying its good, but when you equate this to some sort of intentional lack of transparency or hiding things, I think that's reaching a bit at this point.

You are correct that the article points to reporting problems compared to the money disappearing. However, when half a trillion dollars is "unaccounted for" from a single department (HHS) that tends to raise a few eyebrows. And yes, half a trillion that's unaccounted for is not a minor oversight and can show a intentional lack of transparency in the two departments that are at the head of the list. (HHS and VA)

It's not like those particular departments haven't been under the microscope lately or anything.

You are correct that the article points to reporting problems compared to the money disappearing. However, when half a trillion dollars is "unaccounted for" from a single department (HHS) that tends to raise a few eyebrows. And yes, half a trillion that's unaccounted for is not a minor oversight and can show a intentional lack of transparency in the two departments that are at the head of the list. (HHS and VA)

It's not like those particular departments haven't been under the microscope lately or anything.

Of course they should track it and make sure it went to where its supposed to. Just seems like people are jumping to the conclusion that either the money was misspent, or that there is some sort of shenanigans and I think its premature to go there at this point, is all.

You think anything that sheds a negative light on this administration is "reaching a bit".

Reactions: 3 people
Of course they should track it and make sure it went to where its supposed to. Just seems like people are jumping to the conclusion that either the money was misspent, or that there is some sort of shenanigans and I think its premature to go there at this point, is all.

And the administration hasn't given us good cause to immediately call shenanigans, have they?

Reactions: 2 people
You think anything that sheds a negative light on this administration is "reaching a bit".

Not at all. I do think that taking reporting and accounting problems and concluding that something wrong has occurred is silly.

By people you mean Fox. And by Fox you mean "I will look at every other possible argument against what they put out prior to admitting the Federal Government is being a bit shady with the way they spend their money."

By people you mean Fox. And by Fox you mean "I will look at every other possible argument against what they put out prior to admitting the Federal Government is being a bit shady with the way they spend their money."

I'm sure Fox is highlighting to appeal to the "Wow, look how big government is!" and "Wow, Obama is not transparent at all !!" contingencies in their audience.

Its objectively true that the right boxes haven't been checked. It does not follow that the reason is anything other than that the right boxes haven't yet been checked.

VN Store

Back