I wonder ....

If it was my restaurant probably so. But with that said it would depend on what my market demanded....

I'm guessing yes.

She says getting the "prayer discount" is simple. Anyone who comes into the eatery --which specializes in farm-to-table comfort food - seen "having a moment" gets 15 percent off the bill. They don't advertise it, nor do they tell the customers ahead of time. They just deliver the bill with the price reduction.

Haglund, 60, the daughter of a preacher and a missionary, spent her teen years in the Philippines where she said she saw poverty. She says today she's not a religious person, rather a spiritual person, and stresses that those who see every plate of food as a gift should be rewarded.

"I'm so grateful for the beautiful food," she says.

She says it is "spiritual" and not religious. So it should apply to anyone who sits down and prays, regardless of their faith, right?

Reactions: 1 person
She says it is "spiritual" and not religious. So it should apply to anyone who sits down and prays, regardless of their faith, right?

Right. If they are saying thanks for the food, that is. Pretty sure she wouldn't give the discount if they prayed for the place to burn down.

Right. If they are saying thanks for the food, that is. Pretty sure she wouldn't give the discount if they prayed for the place to burn down.

Obviously. And of course assuming it was done in a language she could understand.

If they want 15% off

Given her statements and claims, yes, they should.

My question is whether they would?

Who cares if they would? It's their choice.

I meant only to point out that in North Carolina it has probably not been tested. Her statements that its spiritual and not religious seem to me to be designed to deflect attention away from the notion that she is giving a prayer discount to fellow Christians. I just wonder how sincere that comment is.

I kinds hope some Muslims go in there and test it and see what happens.

Obviously. And of course assuming it was done in a language she could understand.

Given her statements and claims, yes, they should.

My question is whether they would?

Is your phone broke or you forgot to pay your bill? A quick call could answer your question for you.

Reactions: 4 people
I meant only to point out that in North Carolina it has probably not been tested. Her statements that its spiritual and not religious seem to me to be designed to deflect attention away from the notion that she is giving a prayer discount to fellow Christians. I just wonder how sincere that comment is.

Yea because these are the types of things the left wants in hopes of creating/fabricating a discrimination issue. Regardless I don't think it would be an issue no matter how much hope exists that there would be one. Hopefully there's a few minor guidelines like having a silent prayer for a short amount of time.

Yea because these are the types of things the left wants in hopes of creating/fabricating a discrimination issue. Regardless I don't think it would be an issue no matter how much hope exists that there would be one. Hopefully there's a few minor guidelines like having a silent prayer for a short amount of time.

Oh, don't get me wrong, it would not be illegal to give a prayer discount only to Christians (absent some local ordinance forbidding discrimination in favor of Christians, which I highly doubt would be the case in North Carolina).

It just intrigues me that she was so quick to disclaim a religious bias or basis for having done this, and to make it sound non-denominational. When I say "I wonder ....", I mean I wonder if her disclaimer is true.

If only your mysterious sincerity-o-meter was tuned to the democrat frequency, your posts would demonstrate increased sagacity.

Oh, don't get me wrong, it would not be illegal to give a prayer discount only to Christians (absent some local ordinance forbidding discrimination in favor of Christians, which I highly doubt would be the case in North Carolina).

It just intrigues me that she was so quick to disclaim a religious bias or basis for having done this, and to make it sound non-denominational. When I say "I wonder ....", I mean I wonder if her disclaimer is true.

Maybe some fine attorney should test this out. Obviously not referring to you.

Reactions: 3 people
I would totally sit there in silence for 20 seconds if it meant I got a discount. If a business wants to throw away money like that I will be more than happy to take it.

VN Store

Back