New Domestic Violence PSA

Well..he said it was his house. She should have not been there.

Did your black girlfriend give you a particularly hard beating last night, Ras?

Reactions: 4 people
I hate to be "that guy", but I question why the advertisement was created using white actors when the predominant violence is against black females (at least according to the stats). Serious question Ras... do you think if the ad portrayed black characters instead of white that it would possibly lead to a backlash from the black community?

In 2007:
• Intimate partners committed 14% of all homicides in the U.S., killing an estimated 1,640 women and 700 men.
• 1,818 women in the US were killed by men in single victim/single offender incidents, as reported to the FBI’s
2009 Supplementary Homicide Reports. Where the victim/offender relationship was known, 63% were killed by an intimate partner (likely an underestimate, as ex-girlfriends were not included) – 550 of them with
firearms – most often handguns.
• Black women were murdered at a rate nearly 2.5 times higher than white women: 2.62 per 100,000 versus 1.06 per 100,000.

• In 2007 black female victims of intimate partner homicide were twice as likely as white female homicide victims to be killed by a spouse (0.96 and 0.50 per 100,000, respectively).
• Black females were four times more likely than white females to be murdered by a boyfriend or girlfriend (1.44 and 0.34 per 100,000, respectively).

Reactions: 2 people
I've handled a lot of DV cases in my career and the overwhelming majority of them were white

I've handled a lot of DV cases in my career and the overwhelming majority of them were white

I'm certainly not trying to suggest it's a one-sided issue SDV... and there's no doubt there are many cases involving whites just based on sheer population. Those were just the stats that pulled up when I did a quick search.

I was actually more interested in the stat from the ad that claimed over 50% of females murdered with guns was from their partner. I was skeptical of that claim, and depending how you "manipulate" the data, it appears to be accurate.

Last edited:
With all of this domestic violence talk this week and the physical advantage that men have over women, would this women had been any safer if the gun was absent and he instead burst through the door and Ray Riced her?

(allegedly)

With all of this domestic violence talk this week and the physical advantage that men have over women, would this women had been any safer if the gun was absent and he instead burst through the door and Ray Riced her?

(allegedly)

We need an English translation, you Djiboutian.

Why is domestic violence framed only as a women's issue? That's plain sexist. And I don't think the video really indicates serious violence, guy simply wanted his kid.

VN Store

Back