TN's liberal Supreme Court

#VFL__

Didn't realize we even had this problem. Thank you robo Steven Fincher for bringing this to my attention.

Let's go out and vote these progressives out!

Discuss...

I'd vote to get rid of them regardless of liberal/conservative.

Tennessee dems are complaining about this campaign basically headed up by Speaker Ramsey. They are screaming don't bring politics into the court and that these three justices have served well. They don't seem to remember that they were political appointments by Gov. Bredesen in the first place. The real battle is for attorney general of Tennessee as the Tennessee Supreme Court appoints the position. I'm pretty sure the only state that does.

Tennessee dems are complaining about this campaign basically headed up by Speaker Ramsey. They are screaming don't bring politics into the court and that these three justices have served well. They don't seem to remember that they were political appointments by Gov. Bredesen in the first place. The real battle is for attorney general of Tennessee as the Tennessee Supreme Court appoints the position. I'm pretty sure the only state that does.

So in your mind being appointed by a dem is a valid reason to mount a campaign to have them replaced?

I realize you brought up the fact that they got the job in the first place most likely by the hand of a dem. That is the name of the game and I understand that. I'm just ready for Rom Ramsey to be removed from a position of power in our state.

All these members have since been supported by both dems and republicans btw.

Reactions: 3 people
So in your mind being appointed by a dem is a valid reason to mount a campaign to have them replaced?

I realize you brought up the fact that they got the job in the first place most likely by the hand of a dem. That is the name of the game and I understand that. I'm just ready for Rom Ramsey to be removed from a position of power in our state.

It's just time for the people to have a say in a previous admins appointments by the 8 year rule. These appointments are steeped in politics just like the US Supreme Court. They have been supported by both. But folks have a right to voice their opinions.

Reactions: 1 person

No one should serve on the TN or US Supreme court more than 8-10 years. Like I said I'm voting to replace regardless.

Reactions: 2 people
No one should serve on the TN or US Supreme court more than 8-10 years. Like I said I'm voting to replace regardless.

I concur. Why does anyone deserve a lifetime appointment?

I concur. Why does anyone deserve a lifetime appointment?

That is one constitutional amendment I would fully support, ending lifetime appointments. I suspect the founding fathers never thought people would live into their 80s and spend decades on the bench.

That is one constitutional amendment I would fully support, ending lifetime appointments. I suspect the founding fathers never thought people would live into their 80s and spend decades on the bench.

I voted today to replace them all even the appeals judges. Sick and tired of these lifetime politicians.

I voted today to replace them all even the appeals judges. Sick and tired of these lifetime politicians.

So you're voting out qualified people that have done their job just because of something they don't control?

You're right though, lifetime appointments make no sense.

Last edited:
I don't think that being liberal is a 'problem' necessarily but all courts should be non-partisan.

Reactions: 3 people
We should change all our election laws.

1 Hold an election to vote on all our elected officials the same way we do the judges. Retain or Replace.

2. Hold an election at a later date to elect someone new to those offices that were voted to be replaced.

I would like to replace every incumbent on my ballot, problem is most have no opposition running against them.

Should being a key word but lifetime appointments are silly in this day and age.

So why aren't the Koch brothers using steven fincher to convey that message? Instead of the movement to oust our "liberal" Supreme Court?

I don't think that being liberal is a 'problem' necessarily but all courts should be non-partisan.

Since you don't have a constitution you cannot understand. I want our jurists to do one simple thing, follow the constitution as written.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back