Clinton could have killed Osama

Coug

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55TJBrkwrJY[/youtube]

Discuss!

The only thing really newsworthy about this is that he was speaking on Sept. 10, 2001 less than 24 hours before the attacks. It's no secret that he had several opportunities to take out Osama, but for one reason or other, failed to do so.

Reactions: 3 people
The only thing really newsworthy about this is that he was speaking on Sept. 10, 2001 less than 24 hours before the attacks. It's no secret that he had several opportunities to take out Osama, but for one reason or other, failed to do so.

Too involved with the lewinsky scandal..priorities you know.

I'm not going to defend Bill on this, but we all can look back and Monday Morning Quarterback the decisions that have been made since the start of the nation. It's one thing to look back now and say "he should have" and another to say every President has regrets on what they could and should have done.

Reactions: 2 people

The plan to fly into the Twin Towers & into the WH was already on the go ahead part & killing UBL would not have helped to halt those plans anyway. They're probably working on the WH plan this next time because our guard to protect is down again. ETA: Just pure speculation on my part to the next terror plan .

Last edited:
I'm not going to defend Bill on this, but we all can look back and Monday Morning Quarterback the decisions that have been made since the start of the nation. It's one thing to look back now and say "he should have" and another to say every President has regrets on what they could and should have done.

Measured and reasonable, hindsight is always 20/20.

One of his advisers told him privately at the Presidents Cup (golf) that OBL was in the cross hairs and needed the word to kill. He didn't want to be bothered at that time. It's all in the book Dereliction of Duty, it's a good book from a retired USAF Msgt who carried "the football".

Clinton had the chance 3 times to kill OBL.

Reactions: 4 people
Clinton worried of killing innocent civilians? HA ! How people has he had killed? Guess they weren't innocent.

Reactions: 1 person
One of his advisers told him privately at the Presidents Cup (golf) that OBL was in the cross hairs and needed the word to kill. He didn't want to be bothered at that time. It's all in the book Dereliction of Duty, it's a good book from a retired USAF Msgt who carried "the football".

He's a big wussey for starters & Bill wanted to stay as a popular President among the voters more than providing security for the nation & didn't want to upset his Democratic base by having the trigger pulled.

Everything coming out of his mouth is a half truth, or a downright fabrication, with one goal only: to glorify himself. If he could give himself a BJ, he would.

Reactions: 3 people
Everything coming out of his mouth is a half truth, or a downright fabrication, with one goal only: to glorify himself. If he could give himself a BJ, he would.

I'd never leave the house... :)

True, me too. He was a much better president his 8 years than Obama's first week.

Ya'll have to remember his first two years was a train wreck. He was on the same path Obama's on, he lost both houses of congress. His saving grace was after getting kicked in the midterms he backed off his far left plans.

That book was a after the fact (2004) hit job by a guy who was somehow trusted with the 'football'. The author was an observer to and not a decision maker on a scant few policy decisions - yet sideline quarterbacks the ramifications of those policy's years later after a payday presents itself. After all , who'd pay to read a book about how great Clinton was? Ironic that the author names his book 'dereliction of duty' going on to blab to the world about secret conversations at the highest level of government.

As an Army guy I've always had a badgering distrust for airforce personnel. You've done nothing here but remind me why.

Reactions: 1 person
Ya'll have to remember his first two years was a train wreck. He was on the same path Obama's on, he lost both houses of congress. His saving grace was after getting kicked in the midterms he backed off his far left plans.

Well I didn't join til 97.....i realize you were probably in year 20 by that time......... Yes, that was a shot at you being old.

Old news. Col Oliver North said this as nauseum. No one would listen.

Measured and reasonable, hindsight is always 20/20.

Reasonable sure. But having said that to say this. Bill could have done a lot more in the anti terrorism world than he did. We had some significant attacks in the 90s that could have been dealt with in a harsher manner.

But nobody has the right to blame him or anyone else for not pulling the trigger on Bin Laden.

VN Store

Back