Boehner LOL

lawgator1

He is just hilarious. The impeachment talk is a Dem "scam" and its made up by the WH? It was members of his party that called for it, members of his party, sitting in Congress, have said it ought to be considered, and he won't rule it out, himself.

What a buffoon.

Reactions: 3 people
Can you please point me towards the introduction of said Impeachment Articles filed in the House by these members?

Reactions: 2 people
Straw man.

Just sayin...

I mean, if the GOP members called for Impeachment, shouldn't the Articles be readily available to view? And why isn't the story getting carried on the major networks?

It's all about what you can prove LG. I'm asking for simple proof.

The Dems are definitely exaggerating it and using it for fund raising. Boehner is correct, there are no plans to impeach now or in the foreseeable future yet the WH and Dem operatives are daily claiming impeachment is on the way.

It's sad they have to resort to these tactics to try to raise money and try to win elections. Shows they have nothing to run on.

Reactions: 4 people
He is just hilarious. The impeachment talk is a Dem "scam" and its made up by the WH? It was members of his party that called for it, members of his party, sitting in Congress, have said it ought to be considered, and he won't rule it out, himself.

What a buffoon.

He is a buffoon. You're a caricature. I'm perfect.

Do you believe everything said publicly by a politician?

Just sayin...

I mean, if the GOP members called for Impeachment, shouldn't the Articles be readily available to view?

No. That is the straw man.

You have several incredibly idiotic and irresponsible GOP Congresspeople making the suggestion that it is or even might be called for, but the leadership will not put the kibosh on such lunacy. All they do is punt whenever the question is raised. No serious person would ever consider this, but they are so hamstrung by the far right loons running the show and threatening them that they do not have the balls to shut them down.

That is the issue. Not the straw man of lack of actual filings.

And why isn't the story getting carried on the major networks?

It is. The far right loon calls for impeachment gets talked about all the time. That's why the far right loons bring it up.

It's all about what you can prove LG. I'm asking for simple proof.

GOP Congresspeople who have proposed it, pushed for it, or outright suggested it as a viable option include:

Ted Yoho, Steve Scalise, Jeff Denham, Kerry Bentivolio, Steve King, Jason Chaffetz, Michelle Bachmann, Blake Farenthold, Steve Stockman, Jack Kingston, Randy Weber, Joe Barton, Michael Burgess, Paul Broun, Louie Gohmert, Lou Barletta.

GOP candidates who have said they would support it include Marlinda Garcia, Gary Lambert, and Ryan Zinke.

If you want links to each of them, I'm happy to provide quotes. I don't think I really need to, but here's a couple of them.

Rep. Kerry Bentivolio: It Would be “Dream Come True” to Impeach President Obama. “Rep. Kerry Bentivolio, R-Mich., Monday said it would be a ‘dream come true’ to write a bill to impeach President Obama after constituents asked what he is doing to stop the president from ‘doing everything that he’s doing against [the] Constitution.’ ‘If I could write that bill and submit it, it would be a dream come true,’ Bentivolio said at the Birmingham Bloomfield Republican Club Meeting. ‘I feel your pain. I stood twelve feet away from [the president] and listened to him. I couldn’t stand being there, but because he is president I have to respect the office. That’s my job, as a congressman. I respect the office.’ Bentivolio, a former Santa Claus impersonator and reindeer farmer, went on to say that he has already asked various lawyers and scholars to advise him on ‘how [he] could impeach the president of the United States.’” [ABC News, 8/21/13]

Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Impeaching President Obama a Possibility. “Rep. Jason Chaffetz says President Barack Obama’s handling of the government’s response to the Benghazi terrorist attack could be an impeachable offense and vows to continue digging at the “lies of highest magnitude” from the White House. ‘It’s certainly a possibility,” the Utah Republican said Monday when asked about impeachment. ‘That’s not the goal but given the continued lies perpetrated by this administration, I don’t know where it’s going to go. … I’m not taking it off the table. I’m not out there touting that but I think this gets to the highest levels of our government and integrity and honesty are paramount.’” [Salt Lake Tribune, 5/13/13]

Rep. Blake Farenthold: House has Votes to Impeach President Obama. “Rep. Blake Farenthold thinks the House of Representatives has the votes to impeach President Barack Obama in response to an inquiry about the authenticity of the president’s birth certificate, but said at a town hall meeting he doesn’t think it would be the best approach. ‘A question I get a lot, ‘If everybody is so unhappy with the president, why don’t you impeach him?’ Farenthold, a Texas Republican, said at a town hall meeting Saturday according to a video posted on YouTube. ‘I’ll give you a real frank answer about that, if we were to impeach the president tomorrow, we would probably get the votes in the House of Representatives to do it.’” [Politico, 8/12/13]

Rep. Steve Stockman: “I’m Considering Filing Articles of Impeachment Against Barack Obama.” “Mr.Stockman said Mr. Obama has repeatedly broken his oath of office to uphold the Constitution, and in response, he’s seriously mulling legal action. ‘I’m considering filing Articles of Impeachment against Barack Obama,’ he wrote on his website, as reported by The Blaze.” [Washington Times, 1/30/14]

Reactions: 5 people

What a buffoon.

I'd like to see him around for the entire term, while the GOP controls both houses.

What a buffoon.

Link?

Of course the Dems are taking advantage of the loons in the GOP who are calling for this, and the lack of testicular strength by the leadership to get them to calm down.

That does not mean that the talk of impeachment is a "scam" started by the WH. It has been proposed and pushed by various extreme GOPers. Its time for Boehner to show some leadership, just the tiniest bit of strength, and tell the loons it isn't going to happen.

But he can't do it. Its generating too much money for them, too. And he's afraid of that wing of his party.

boehner_cowardly_lion.jpg

Cowardly.

Reactions: 1 person
GOP Congresspeople who have proposed it, pushed for it, or outright suggested it as a viable option include:

Ted Yoho, Steve Scalise, Jeff Denham, Kerry Bentivolio, Steve King, Jason Chaffetz, Michelle Bachmann, Blake Farenthold, Steve Stockman, Jack Kingston, Randy Weber, Joe Barton, Michael Burgess, Paul Broun, Louie Gohmert, Lou Barletta.

GOP candidates who have said they would support it include Marlinda Garcia, Gary Lambert, and Ryan Zinke.

If you want links to each of them, I'm happy to provide quotes. I don't think I really need to, but here's a couple of them.

Rep. Kerry Bentivolio: It Would be “Dream Come True” to Impeach President Obama. “Rep. Kerry Bentivolio, R-Mich., Monday said it would be a ‘dream come true’ to write a bill to impeach President Obama after constituents asked what he is doing to stop the president from ‘doing everything that he’s doing against [the] Constitution.’ ‘If I could write that bill and submit it, it would be a dream come true,’ Bentivolio said at the Birmingham Bloomfield Republican Club Meeting. ‘I feel your pain. I stood twelve feet away from [the president] and listened to him. I couldn’t stand being there, but because he is president I have to respect the office. That’s my job, as a congressman. I respect the office.’ Bentivolio, a former Santa Claus impersonator and reindeer farmer, went on to say that he has already asked various lawyers and scholars to advise him on ‘how [he] could impeach the president of the United States.’” [ABC News, 8/21/13]

Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Impeaching President Obama a Possibility. “Rep. Jason Chaffetz says President Barack Obama’s handling of the government’s response to the Benghazi terrorist attack could be an impeachable offense and vows to continue digging at the “lies of highest magnitude” from the White House. ‘It’s certainly a possibility,” the Utah Republican said Monday when asked about impeachment. ‘That’s not the goal but given the continued lies perpetrated by this administration, I don’t know where it’s going to go. … I’m not taking it off the table. I’m not out there touting that but I think this gets to the highest levels of our government and integrity and honesty are paramount.’” [Salt Lake Tribune, 5/13/13]

Rep. Blake Farenthold: House has Votes to Impeach President Obama. “Rep. Blake Farenthold thinks the House of Representatives has the votes to impeach President Barack Obama in response to an inquiry about the authenticity of the president’s birth certificate, but said at a town hall meeting he doesn’t think it would be the best approach. ‘A question I get a lot, ‘If everybody is so unhappy with the president, why don’t you impeach him?’ Farenthold, a Texas Republican, said at a town hall meeting Saturday according to a video posted on YouTube. ‘I’ll give you a real frank answer about that, if we were to impeach the president tomorrow, we would probably get the votes in the House of Representatives to do it.’” [Politico, 8/12/13]

Rep. Steve Stockman: “I’m Considering Filing Articles of Impeachment Against Barack Obama.” “Mr.Stockman said Mr. Obama has repeatedly broken his oath of office to uphold the Constitution, and in response, he’s seriously mulling legal action. ‘I’m considering filing Articles of Impeachment against Barack Obama,’ he wrote on his website, as reported by The Blaze.” [Washington Times, 1/30/14]

Have any of them actually done this?

During the presidency of George W. Bush, several American politicians sought to either investigate Bush for allegedly impeachable offenses, or to bring actual impeachment charges on the floor of the United States House of Representatives Judiciary Committee. The most significant of these efforts occurred on June 10, 2008, when Congressman Dennis Kucinich, along with co-sponsor Robert Wexler, introduced 35 articles of impeachment [1] against Bush to the U.S. House of Representatives.[2] The House voted 251 to 166 to refer the impeachment resolution to the Judiciary Committee on June 11, where no further action was taken on it.[3] Bush's presidency ended on January 20, 2009, with the completion of his second term in office, rendering impeachment efforts moot.

I'd like to see him around for the entire term, while the GOP controls both houses.

The GOP will be able to expand hearings and procedures on all these scandals. More proof of his impeachable offenses will come to light. But they wont do anything because he is the first black president. He will just be exposed as a criminal and let go.

The GOP will be able to expand hearings and procedures on all these scandals. More proof of his impeachable offenses will come to light. But they wont do anything because he is the first black president. He will just be exposed as a criminal and let go.

Thinking like this is what dooms the GOP in 2016 and beyond. You cannot win the presidency given the demographic changes in the country and your refusal to mature.

Hey, the Civil war is over. You lost. Get over it.

See above. Many instances of it. Many.

During the presidency of George W. Bush, several American politicians sought to either investigate Bush for allegedly impeachable offenses, or to bring actual impeachment charges on the floor of the United States House of Representatives Judiciary Committee. The most significant of these efforts occurred on June 10, 2008, when Congressman Dennis Kucinich, along with co-sponsor Robert Wexler, introduced 35 articles of impeachment [1] against Bush to the U.S. House of Representatives.[2] The House voted 251 to 166 to refer the impeachment resolution to the Judiciary Committee on June 11, where no further action was taken on it.[3] Bush's presidency ended on January 20, 2009, with the completion of his second term in office, rendering impeachment efforts moot.

I did, you must have missed my post since you have not responded.

Thinking like this is what dooms the GOP in 2016 and beyond. You cannot win the presidency given the demographic changes in the country and your refusal to mature.

Cant understand this response...Civil War? Head down to the nearest Walgreens and pickup a double pack of Fleet's enemas and see if you can clear your mind.

Reactions: 2 people

The changes in this county are that its citizens are getting dumber. Obama being elected is proof. Drop the idiotic racial angle since it's all about paying stupid and lazy with money stolen from producers. You support it which makes you and people like you part of the problem

Cant understand this response...Civil War? Head down to the nearest Walgreens and pickup a double pack of Fleet's enemas and see if you can clear your mind.

Not surprised you are unable to wrap your puny mind around the reality of the situation. Actually, the Dems are kind of counting on that.

Reactions: 3 people
Not surprised you are unable to wrap your puny mind around the reality of the situation. Actually, the Dems are kind of counting on that.

I did, you must have missed my post since you have not responded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgator1 View Post
See above. Many instances of it. Many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog88 View Post

Quote:

:popcorn:

Of course the Dems are taking advantage of the loons in the GOP who are calling for this, and the lack of testicular strength by the leadership to get them to calm down.

That does not mean that the talk of impeachment is a "scam" started by the WH. It has been proposed and pushed by various extreme GOPers. Its time for Boehner to show some leadership, just the tiniest bit of strength, and tell the loons it isn't going to happen.

But he can't do it. Its generating too much money for them, too. And he's afraid of that wing of his party.

Cowardly.

Ummm

Boehner rules out impeachment, but Democrats cash in on the threat - LA Times

Cowardly.

What do we need to post in order to get the rest of the cast posted by you? I'll help by adding the Wicked Witch of the West:

nancy-pelosi.jpg

Did I get that right? Only the Tin Man, Dorthy and the Wizard left.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back