How Do We Curb America's Drug Problem?

Our biggest problem drug is dispensed by pharmacies legally.

Absolutely true.

What do we do about that? Stiffer penalties for doctors writing unwarranted prescriptions? More sctrict requirements for those seeking pain medicine/prescriptions?

Absolutely true.

What do we do about that? Stiffer penalties for doctors writing unwarranted prescriptions? More sctrict requirements for those seeking pain medicine/prescriptions?

I think "bucking up and dealing with the pain" is a legitimate idea. Wasn't long ago that you needed a prescription for Aleve, now you get a tooth pulled and you get a script for enough meds to tranquilize a herd of elephants.

Wish I had a solution outside of just not giving them to people who aren't terminally ill, but that'll never happen. Cat's out of the bag, and dumbasses use their legality as justification to be an oxygen wasting junkie.

I think "bucking up and dealing with the pain" is a legitimate idea. Wasn't long ago that you needed a prescription for Aleve, now you get a tooth pulled and you get a script for enough meds to tranquilize a herd of elephants.

Wish I had a solution outside of just not giving them to people who aren't terminally ill, but that'll never happen. Cat's out of the bag, and dumbasses use their legality as justification to be an oxygen wasting junkie.

I'd be more on board with punishing doctors than the patients. Anyone can get addicted. It's a sickness more so than a crime, in my opinion. Maybe you see it differently.

I'd be more on board with punishing doctors than the patients. Anyone can get addicted. It's a sickness more so than a crime, in my opinion. Maybe you see it differently.

I agree, to a point, but there's plenty of blame to go around, from the pharmaceutical companies to the pill head stealing copper plumbing, and everyone in between.

I agree, to a point, but there's plenty of blame to go around, from the pharmaceutical companies to the pill head stealing copper plumbing, and everyone in between.

I think one step would be mandoratory rehab for 1st time drug offenses instead of jail time. (If the offense is ONLY drug related.) One would think it would be more affective and cost taxpayers less.

I think one step would be mandoratory rehab for 1st time drug offenses instead of jail time. (If the offense is ONLY drug related.) One would think it would be more affective and cost taxpayers less.

No doubt, I think that's generally how it works anyway in most places, on a user level anyway.

decriminalize use of weed would be a good start.

punish use of other drugs with works programs - cleaning parks, etc. At least get some semblance of work out of junkies instead of putting them in the clink. Add some rehab resources

Reactions: 3 people
Legalize everything!! There should be shops set up where people can buy heroine, crack, coke, PCP, meth.

As far as prescription drugs, just ban them all. I mean screw people who really need pain medication. Got bone cancer? Toughen up.

It's a multifocal problem.

Ban the pill pushing pain clinics for starters.
Greater restrictions on welfare and social security recipients.
Mandatory Naltrexone treatments for abusers.
How about just general self discipline.

Reactions: 1 person
Legalize weed.

Don't send addicts to jail or prison for doing drugs. Send them to an intense rehab program.

Make use of the database that was established to keep people from using pill farms.

Punish doctors who don't use the database or give pills or no reason.

Limit the reasons why someone can receive narcotics.

The only problem with all of this is it well take forever to get through Congress. Meanwhile, loads of people will die and crime will continue to increase due to prescription drug problems.

VN Store

Back