Feds secretly dump hundreds illegal immigrants in Tennessee

Davidson is trending democrat.

They just need more democrat votes in TN and they can sway it like FL and maybe one day even Texas.

It's all about changing the voting structures.

Welcome to Obama's world Gov. Haslam. This is how a Democratic President treats his political foes. Gov. Haslam has not been contacted at all from Obama's Administration on such a move of illegals to Tennessee and doesn't have a clue where the illegals were resettled. I guess Gov. Haslam hasn't checked his swimming pool & his backyard swing set yet.

My first reaction was to ask if he was informed of any previous illegals joining "sponsors" in Tennessee? It isn't as if Tennessee (and every other state) doesn't already have a population of immigrants, legal and illegal (just stay at a hotel in Gatlinburg for proof). So if the Federal government previously provided notice when they placed someone in the state and recently decided not to, then the Governor has a point. But, if he is just bringing this up now, then he is just playing politics. In other words, it is either a state's rights issue, and has been from the start, or it isn't.

Reactions: 1 person
My first reaction was to ask if he was informed of any previous illegals joining "sponsors" in Tennessee? It isn't as if Tennessee (and every other state) doesn't already have a population of immigrants, legal and illegal (just stay at a hotel in Gatlinburg for proof). So if the Federal government previously provided notice when they placed someone in the state and recently decided not to, then the Governor has a point. But, if he is just bringing this up now, then he is just playing politics. In other words, it is either a state's rights issue, and has been from the start, or it isn't.

:blink: :yes: :loco: In the article posted...according to WH press sec.Josh Earnest said "illegal immigrant children have a right to privacy" & "privacy rights of the illegals are more important than the public's right to know what's happening".

In the article posted...according to WH press sec.Josh Earnest said "illegal immigrant children have a right to privacy" & "privacy rights of the illegals are more important than the public's right to know what's happening". :blink: :blink:

Uhh.. Wut?

:blink: :yes: :loco: In the article posted...according to WH press sec.Josh Earnest said "illegal immigrant children have a right to privacy" & "privacy rights of the illegals are more important than the public's right to know what's happening".
Yeah, I read that and think it wasn't said very well. I think what he means is if someone was being adjudicated as a refugee and was awaiting a hearing on their situation, their neighbors wouldn't necessarily have a right to know everything. So, let's say you had neighbors who had legally immigrated from Ukraine and suddenly their household grew when they sponsored extended family members who were fleeing the warzone. You wouldn't have an automatic right to know all the details of their situation. Now the State Government might have a legitimate need to know as they are going to be the ones providing the resources to those potential refugees, but not the public at large.

But, that does point out the biggest problem in this whole Central American immigrant crisis--communication. The Administration is doing a horrible job communicating at all levels about this entire issue. Like the article said, why is the ORR handling some of these children? What is the process where one kid might get handled by ORR and another by a different agency? What are the overall goals and plans for handling this crisis and who is actually coordinating among the federal agencies as well as state and local governments who will ultimately have to support the folks on the ground? So to this end, Gov Haslam is right in raising the issue. I just take exception if this is the first time he's brought it up.

Who are these "sponsors"? Has to be church's. They are the only ones capable of housing 700+ people with little warning

Yeah, I read that and think it wasn't said very well. I think what he means is if someone was being adjudicated as a refugee and was awaiting a hearing on their situation, their neighbors wouldn't necessarily have a right to know everything. So, let's say you had neighbors who had legally immigrated from Ukraine and suddenly their household grew when they sponsored extended family members who were fleeing the warzone. You wouldn't have an automatic right to know all the details of their situation. Now the State Government might have a legitimate need to know as they are going to be the ones providing the resources to those potential refugees, but not the public at large.

But, that does point out the biggest problem in this whole Central American immigrant crisis--communication. The Administration is doing a horrible job communicating at all levels about this entire issue. Like the article said, why is the ORR handling some of these children? What is the process where one kid might get handled by ORR and another by a different agency? What are the overall goals and plans for handling this crisis and who is actually coordinating among the federal agencies as well as state and local governments who will ultimately have to support the folks on the ground? So to this end, Gov Haslam is right in raising the issue. I just take exception if this is the first time he's brought it up.

:hi: Just further proof of the most transparent Administration in history when you see past all the mud that's in w/all the BS that comes out w/that transparent crap.

Davidson is trending democrat.

They just need more democrat votes in TN and they can sway it like FL and maybe one day even Texas.

It's all about changing the voting structures.

So illegal immigrants vote now?

So VN republicans believe that someone who has risked their life to get into America, would then risk it all just to to vote in some pointless election? When in reality less than twenty percent of our legal population even votes. Haha you can't be serious?

So VN republicans believe that someone who has risked their life to get into America, would then risk it all just to to vote in some pointless election? When in reality less than twenty percent of our legal population even votes. Haha you can't be serious?

Heh... Our president was a community organizer whose sole purpose was to "get the vote out".

Massive lulzzzzz.....

We won't really know until we have voter IDs, now will we?

So tell me orange crush, why haven't the amazingly talented and smart republicans laid out a simple and effective way to produce and distribute voter ID cards?

So tell me orange crush, why haven't the amazingly talented and smart republicans laid out a simple and effective way to produce and distribute voter ID cards?

When you go to the DMV to get your ID you can register to vote, right?

When you go to the DMV to get your ID you can register to vote, right?

But that's not what we are talking about. A voter ID card is simple and everyone should have one just like a SS card.

Not everyone goes to the DMV. So only people that drive should vote?

But that's not what we are talking about. A voter ID card is simple and everyone should have one just like a SS card.

Not everyone goes to the DMV. So only people that drive should vote?

DMV offers more than just driver's licenses. You get get Govt issued Photo ID cards there. Seems like the one stop shop for everything you would need to legally vote.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back