Tell Us Why You Hate FDR

Franklin Pierce

Don't just say, "He increased the size of the federal government". State something specific that FDR did that you think was bad for the American people as a whole.

Although I don't hate him for it, he apparently married a lesbian. Not one of the good looking ones, either.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh God. Why not Franklin Pierce?

Everyone has been told to believe that Frank Pierce was a terrible president, and that is because Pierce was a Southern sympathizer who knew the radical abolitionists were a threat to the union.

Pierce ran an honest administration, and the Democrats, radical abolitionists, and northern press hated him for it.

Pierce is one of the most under-rated of all presidents.

Well, let the dead bury the dead. FDR was a statist. I don't hate him but hate his beliefs and those of his role model Woodrow Wilson.

Reactions: 3 people
Everyone has been told to believe that Frank Pierce was a terrible president, and that is because Pierce was a Southern sympathizer who knew the radical abolitionists were a threat to the union.

Pierce ran an honest administration, and the Democrats, radical abolitionists, and northern press hated him for it.

Pierce is one of the most under-rated of all presidents.
"Radical abolitionists" is an interesting term. Please expound.

Well, let the dead bury the dead. FDR was a statist. I don't hate him but hate his beliefs and those of his role model Woodrow Wilson.

Woodrow may have been, to a limited extent, someone Frank admired, but Frank's real admiration was for cousin Teddy.

Frank's presidency included these achievements:

* Creation of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
* Glass-Stegall Act
* Social Security
* Strengthened Child Labor Laws

Woodrow may have been, to a limited extent, someone Frank admired, but Frank's real admiration was for cousin Teddy.

Frank's presidency included these achievements:

* Creation of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
* Glass-Stegall Act
* Social Security
* Strengthened Child Labor Laws

I wouldn't classify those as achievements.
*Federal Deposit Let Banks off the Hook and Put taxpayers on the Hook Corporation
*Glass Stegall Act -repealed
*Social Insecurity Nanny State
*Child Labor ignore the 10th Amendment laws

Don't hate him, but he did try to stack the supreme court with justices favorable to his statist agenda.

Good article. The Austrian school economists seem to have the solutions. Unfortunately, all of today's economists are Keynesian.

I don't like FDR because he stole everyone's gold, devalued their currency, and prolonged the Great Depression through massive government spending. He made the people reliant on the gov. While telling them he was helping them out.

Reactions: 2 people
TVA furnished my family with a good living, cheap electricity, and the ability for my father to retire. I can't say as much for any employer today. And before you go blasting it for a government agency, do your homework.

Reactions: 3 people
TVA furnished my family with a good living, cheap electricity, and the ability for my father to retire. I can't say as much for any employer today. And before you go blasting it for a government agency, do your homework.

Was he able to buy a washing machine and a Chevrolet?

VN Store

Back