Another example of liberal attitudes

NEO

Eat at Joe's
First off, I want to state that Staples was very dumb for making this deal. Someone had to understand the mindset government officials have and how badly they would abuse this. After all, corporations are evil.

But the statement from NY just sums it up. They would not have agreed to the contract unless Staples gave them this wonderful deal...it was their right.

The liberals are complaining that after buying an entire truck load (300,000 boxes of tissues) for $290.00 for no reason other than they could, Staples is beginning to feel the deal is not fair and that's not right...

The state "is still in active negotiations to resolve this disagreement," a spokeswoman for New York's Office of General Services said. "Staples did not ask for a limitation in ordering quantities," she said, "and OGS would not have accepted such a limitation had it been made."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/pennies-long-way-staples-deal-201003146.html

Where is the liberal attitude in this?

The contract is with government related ventures...schools, government departments etc.

How many right leaning government and school related employees do you think there are in NYC?

The contract is with government related ventures...schools, government departments etc.

How many right leaning government and school related employees do you think there are in NYC?

This type of irrational thinking is the downfall of our democracy.

Reactions: 3 people
PJ...

Here is the 2013 contract.

http://www.ogs.ny.gov/purchase/spg/pdfdocs/2300022438p.pdf

the contract is ONLY for government agencies...in NYC?

It is a prime example of how government views business and is willing to exploit them at any time without even a second thought.

Exploit? Seems the business entered into the contact freely. Any contract like this can include buying limits. Just like NYC could have imposed service level requirements on their vendor

I honestly have no clue what you're trying to reach for with this

Reactions: 1 person
First off, I want to state that Staples was very dumb for making this deal. Someone had to understand the mindset government officials have and how badly they would abuse this. After all, corporations are evil.

But the statement from NY just sums it up. They would not have agreed to the contract unless Staples gave them this wonderful deal...it was their right.

The liberals are complaining that after buying an entire truck load (300,000 boxes of tissues) for $290.00 for no reason other than they could, Staples is beginning to feel the deal is not fair and that's not right...

The state "is still in active negotiations to resolve this disagreement," a spokeswoman for New York's Office of General Services said. "Staples did not ask for a limitation in ordering quantities," she said, "and OGS would not have accepted such a limitation had it been made."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/pennies-long-way-staples-deal-201003146.html

Your first sentence says it all.
/thread

Between the creation of the department of education and no child left behind, I sometimes wonder if republicans are intentionally sabotaging public education.

Reactions: 2 people
Exploit? Seems the business entered into the contact freely. Any contract like this can include buying limits. Just like NYC could have imposed service level requirements on their vendor

I honestly have no clue what you're trying to reach for with this

Fine, I will break this down:

Staples messed up.

Some accountant in their office ran a numbers count and figured that certain items (200 or so I believe) could be offered at a penny and based on need (employee size, student size etc) would probably sell x amount of these items to the government agencies.

Problem is the accountant did not realize that one agency with 5 people would purchase 300,000 boxes of tissues and another department of about 10 people would buy enough pencils to supply ALL of the students in metro Nashville--roughly 400,000.

When staples realized the agency was now taking full advantage of the situation they confronted NYC and they stated basically in their terms "we believe this is fair and wouldn't have taken the contract any other way."

This sums up government agencies outlook on entitlement that is running amuck right now.

I also stated in my first line Staples goofed...they put together a contract that the government was easily able to take advantage of.

Staples messed up.

Some accountant in their office ran a numbers count and figured that certain items (200 or so I believe) could be offered at a penny and based on need (employee size, student size etc) would probably sell x amount of these items to the government agencies.

Problem is the accountant did not realize that one agency with 5 people would purchase 300,000 boxes of tissues and another department of about 10 people would buy enough pencils to supply ALL of the students in metro Nashville--roughly 400,000.

When staples realized the agency was now taking full advantage of the situation they confronted NYC and they stated basically in their terms "we believe this is fair and wouldn't have taken the contract any other way."

This sums up government agencies outlook on entitlement that is running amuck right now.

I also stated in my first line Staples goofed...they put together a contract that the government was easily able to take advantage of.

This fine explanation outlines how liberals are ruining the world! How will we survive ahhhhhh LIBERALS!! BENGHAZI!!!! COMMUNISM!!!!

Between the creation of the department of education and no child left behind, I sometimes wonder if republicans are intentionally sabotaging public education.

Now we have the opportunity to get vouchers and eventually starve our public education system.

Now we have the opportunity to get vouchers and eventually starve our public education system.

Eventually public education will become a dumping ground for the kids private schools don't want (behavioral problems and learning disabilities).

Staples messed up.

This wasn't written by an accountant. It was written by a salesman who thought he could make money off the deal and they got screwed. This kind of thing is exactly why the sales/purchasing software I used for the past 15yrs had hard caps built in for customer contracts. If you don't they'll all do this crap. Has nothing to do with any political ideology.

Repubs are responsible for all that?

And no child left behind was a bipartisan thing.

Wtf is he complaining about? The dept of Ed and NCLB make it possible for him to have a job. Where else can you be responsible for teaching someone, not do it, and keep your job via union protection?

Wtf is he complaining about? The dept of Ed and NCLB make it possible for him to have a job. Where else can you be responsible for teaching someone, not do it, and keep your job via union protection?

You're right that happens all the time in North Carolina.

Wtf is this all about. I read op and just curled up in a ball. I read subsequent posts and had to self medicate. Just garbage.

Staples damn fault for signing a dumbass contract. You don't enter into a unit price contract losing money on the unit with no limitations on quantities or the guarantee of making money to overcome the loss elsewhere.

faildozer.jpg

I feel like I'm in LaLa Land. PJ, you're the only one making sense ITT... you magnificent bastard. Regardless of the consequences, this was originally an independently made deal by a private company.

Typical NEO spin.

VN Store

Back