Tennessee Politics

AggieInTN

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are not a ton of competitive races in TN this year, but there are a few primaries that might be interesting. Daniel vs Hall in the 18th might be good. Briggs vs Campfield could turn out to be something. The 4th congressional primary is probably the only federal one with a shot of changing hands.

10 races across Tennessee to watch in August's primary

Early voting started yesterday. Anyone have any thoughts/predictions/musings?

Last edited:
Lamar's TV political ad.....He quoted from a source that ObamaCare premiums would rise. Such a smart man. Of course, pretty much everyone else predicted the same thing except hard-headed President Obama.

Yeah, I figured not.

I'll vote for Terry Adams. (Dem)

Who are the other Repubs in the primary?

Lamar Alexander
Joe Carr
Brenda Lenard
George Flinn Jr.
Christian Agnew
*Erin Kent Magee
John D. King

The last poll I seen Lamar had around a 50 point lead.

Lamar Alexander
Joe Carr
Brenda Lenard
George Flinn Jr.
Christian Agnew
*Erin Kent Magee
John D. King

The last poll I seen Lamar had around a 50 point lead.

Too bad Carr can't pull the upset like happened with Cantor.

Reactions: 1 person
The American voters complain about how bad a job our congress is doing then on election day the same ole congress is reelected.

It's all about the big money in this state. People vote for Lamar because they see him on TV. That's it.

It's all about the big money in this state. People vote for Lamar because they see him on TV. That's it.

I think it is all about the big money nationwide. With the money the incumbents raise, it is difficult for better candidates to compete .

So far iirc, we have had one incumbent to lose a primary race, Cantor. He lost because he let his position get the best of him. One cannot act if they are better than their constituents, Cantor did, he got voted out of office and he will make a ton of cash as a lobbyist. He still won.

I read an article a few weeks ago that in the 1970's less than 5% of former congress members became lobbyist, today the majority become lobbyist. It is all about their personal wealth, very few actually care if they are doing the right thing, they only see the color green. While these politicians are seeing green, we have way too many voters only seeing red or blue.

I think it is all about the big money nationwide. With the money the incumbents raise, it is difficult for better candidates to compete .

So far iirc, we have had one incumbent to lose a primary race, Cantor. He lost because he let his position get the best of him. One cannot act if they are better than their constituents, Cantor did, he got voted out of office and he will make a ton of cash as a lobbyist. He still won.

I read an article a few weeks ago that in the 1970's less than 5% of former congress members became lobbyist, today the majority become lobbyist. It is all about their personal wealth, very few actually care if they are doing the right thing, they only see the color green. While these politicians are seeing green, we have way too many voters only seeing red or blue.

Post of the year. You're exactly right.

We need to get big money out of politics - or everything else is useless.

Post of the year. You're exactly right.

We need to get big money out of politics - or everything else is useless.

Getting money out of politics would be a great thing but it will not happen in our lifetime as people are full of greed & wanting power over the voters & that my friend is set in stone.

Getting money out of politics would be a great thing but it will not happen in our lifetime as people are full of greed & wanting power over the voters & that my friend is set in stone.

Set in stone, with a few rows of rebar layered in the cement that the stone is buried under.

Set in stone, with a few rows of rebar layered in the cement that the stone is buried under.

:thumbsup: it's really sad & pathetic at the same time. We just keep re-electing the same people who are good at screwing the voters over no matter how good they say & how good it sounds that it's time for a change.

Last edited:
:thumbsup: it's really sad & pathetic at the same time. We just keep re-electing the same people who are good at screwing the voters over no matter how good they say & how good it sounds that it's time for a change.

Yep. I really fell sorry for our grandchildren and the generations to follow. They do not nor will not live in the America you and I grew up in. It is sad.

Yep. I really fell sorry for our grandchildren and the generations to follow. They do not nor will not live in the America you and I grew up in. It is sad.

bingo!! I miss that America. The one that we thought that those in power we could trust no matter what. Those back in our day, it seemed, had our (America) best's interest & safety at heart. Now, the days are filled with just hope & pray we don't pick up a nuke warhead missile on radar coming our way because of who's policy is set.

VN Store

Back