More Snowden Revelations

Thanks for sharing. Interesting stuff. You don't really think about it, but when you see/hear it, it makes total sense.

I'm British and have no problem with this, Snowden is a traitor and attention seeker.

I guess Snowden's savior has now shot down an airliner with innocent civilians. Great choice in friends.

I guess Snowden's savior has now shot down an airliner with innocent civilians. Great choice in friends.

If he'd stayed in the US, he'd be going with the people who drone bomb little kids in the middle east. Great choice in friends, right?

If we had more Snowden's. The US government would act right.

Do you think for one minute Snowden has stopped the government from spying on us?

I would bet we do not know 10% of what our Intel departments do. If a 13 year old kid can hack into our computers, cell phones etc you can bet your last dollar the bad guys are doing so and the US has no other choice than to do so also in order to protect America. We live in a world we can throw our privacy out the window, we put all of info on a computer, we bank online, we buy stock online, morons put their entire lives on Facebook, tweet everything they do, we text and send emails, it is all out there and easy for anyone knowledgeable to obtain.

If we have another terriost attack on US soil, groups of people will be complaining because our government should have intercepted the Intel to stop it. The government uses what sources are available groups complain about their privacy be violated. People wanting to protect their privacy need to keep all their info off electronic devices, if not you can bet your arse someone is looking at what you are doing. Not only your info, your web surfing habits are monitored, shop for flooring you see all kinds of ads for flooring. Shop for appliances you start seeing all kind of ads for appliances. Anywhere you visit online someone is watching.

It is sad but it is the world we live in today. The more technological advances we have the less privacy we will have.

Reactions: 2 people
Do you think for one minute Snowden has stopped the government from spying on us?

I would bet we do not know 10% of what our Intel departments do. If a 13 year old kid can hack into our computers, cell phones etc you can bet your last dollar the bad guys are doing so and the US has no other choice than to do so also in order to protect America. We live in a world we can throw our privacy out the window, we put all of info on a computer, we bank online, we buy stock online, morons put their entire lives on Facebook, tweet everything they do, we text and send emails, it is all out there and easy for anyone knowledgeable to obtain.

If we have another terriost attack on US soil, groups of people will be complaining because our government should have intercepted the Intel to stop it. The government uses what sources are available groups complain about their privacy be violated. People wanting to protect their privacy need to keep all their info off electronic devices, if not you can bet your arse someone is looking at what you are doing. Not only your info, your web surfing habits are monitored, shop for flooring you see all kinds of ads for flooring. Shop for appliances you start seeing all kind of ads for appliances. Anywhere you visit online someone is watching.

It is sad but it is the world we live in today. The more technological advances we have the less privacy we will have.

I agree. I think such a point has been lost in the outrage of the NSA scandal.

Honestly, it reminds me of WWI in the fact that the world had a 19th century mindset with 20th century technology. I think the NSA scandal highlights a similar problem: 20th century thinking (living in a world) with 21st century technology.

That being said, the Snowden revelations reveal a need to reform the warrant process used to actually read e-mails, etc. Six degrees of separation is ridiculous.

However, I am find with them collecting and storing info. Virtually everything we do electronically is collected, stored, and then sold legally within the private sector. Not to mention private hackers and other nation-state hacking. We live in a vastly different world than just 20 years ago. Our ideas of "privacy" (if we want to enjoy the benefits of the internet) are naturally going to have to change.

VN Store

Back