Hatch Act violation by Obama Administration

This is the type of scandal you're concerned with? :eek:lol:

we didn't investigate on the 1st degree murder charge but we did slap him with a serious jaywalking ticket

Sounds like a false scandal created by the GOP to get more fundraisers going and to garner votes in November.

(did I say that right?)

Reactions: 6 people
Think a grand jury is warranted? Special prosecutor?

Depends. If evidence is that it was a one-off I probably wouldn't bother as it would seem to be expensive to prosecute and she is out of office. If she did it a ton, I might file and reach a quick deal, like probation and a fine. Just to reinforce for future office-holders that it is illegal.

Reactions: 1 person
LG discovered that carrying water for Obama is both tiring and pointless. At least for one day.

Reactions: 2 people
Add to this the lawyer from FEC doing this in a more grass roots way and you have to wonder how frequently this law was violated.

(think about that for a minute - a lawyer at the FEC (Federal Elections Commission) is violating election law blatantly and openly. Again we either have systemic corruption or systemic incompetence and neither is good)

How about this - Obama administration claiming officials have immunity from testimony; not executive privilege but immunity (these are federal employees folks)

The release comes as Mr. Issa, California Republican and chairman of the House oversight committee, is trying to pressure the White House to buckle and allow David Simas, the director of the newly reopened White House Office of Political Strategy and Outreach, to testify to Congress.

White House lawyers have refused, saying as an adviser to the president Mr. Simas is immune from having to respond to the subpoena Mr. Issa issued.
“We have never been faced with a president who had claimed an inherent immunity from a federal employee,” Mr. Issa said. “We’re in the process of working with independent House counsel to evaluate a first-ever claim that this president is, in fact, a sovereign and thus has inherent rights not to be deposed, if you will, including his political appointees.”

Read more: Darrell Issa raises Hatch Act concerns over Obama officials - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

I would say even the office of "Political Outreach and Strategy" is borderline Hatch violating but claiming it's employees have immunity is nuts

Reactions: 3 people
Add to this the lawyer from FEC doing this in a more grass roots way and you have to wonder how frequently this law was violated.

(think about that for a minute - a lawyer at the FEC (Federal Elections Commission) is violating election law blatantly and openly. Again we either have systemic corruption or systemic incompetence and neither is good)

without a doubt

Yes, where was the LG outrage when a lawyer for the Federal Elections Commission had to resign due to admitted violations of the Hatch Act. Tell me why a lawyer for the FEC, who knows electioneering violations, does them herself? Smacks of because "it's me I can do it" syndrome reflected by the Clown In Chief.

Was there no outrage because her hard drive was "recycled" too?

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back