Beck Sending Food and Necessities to Aid Immigrant Children

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
I've never liked Beck, but credit where credit is due...he is sending truckloads of water, food, clothing, and toys to the children at the border who “through no fault of their own are caught in political crossfire.” History will not judge us kindly for the way we are treating these poor and helpless.

Could be 100% publicity, but the result is good.

Glenn Beck Trucking Supplies to Border for Illegal Immigrants, Surprising People Who Base Their Opinions on Stereotypes - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Reactions: 2 people
I've never liked Beck, but credit where credit is due...he is sending truckloads of water, food, clothing, and toys to the children at the border who “through no fault of their own are caught in political crossfire.” History will not judge us kindly for the way we are treating these poor and helpless.

Glenn Beck Trucking Supplies to Border for Illegal Immigrants, Surprising People Who Base Their Opinions on Stereotypes - Hit & Run : Reason.com

I'm compelled to agree.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm inclined to take beck at face value with this.

For these children I feel it's a different story than what you normally think of with illegal immigration. These kids are being sent up here by their parents from Mexico and central America.

We need to let the Arabs in the middle east kill each other off and turn our world police eyes to Central America as the state of their nations is directly impacting ours.

We need to give an ultimatum to all of Central America. Begin taking care of your citizens and punish the drug cartels or we will do it for you.

He sincerely believes it's for the publicity , evil tea partiers.

Beck affiliates with any and every party that will make him money. To say he is a true Tea Party member would be false. Once a new administration takes over, he'll change ideologies again.

I don't see any Democrap w/billions of dollars of their own money (cough cough Soros) stepping up to the plate here & going to give aid to the kids. I guess someone (Beck or whomever) has to step out & take the lead here. All this administration knows to do is to attack the other side for trying to help instead of having a discussion for solutions to these problems that this president hides from. Throw more money at it is all we hear from the top idiot.

Beck affiliates with any and every party that will make him money. To say he is a true Tea Party member would be false. Once a new administration takes over, he'll change ideologies again.

I actually agree with this. I think the guy is incredibly phony and everything he does is for ratings.

So is it better to be a sincere a-hole that helps nothing, or a phony philanthropist that actually does some good from time to time?

That's my thinking on this right now. His motivation to me is really not that meaningful relative to the good of what he is doing.

He could have started a hashtag campaign instead.

On a separate note, history may be unkind in its story telling, but the US cannot afford to take the world's poor and make them our orphans.

In no way should we condone or support the importation of these illegal aliens. They should be sent home.

If you disagree, then I'd encourage you to adopt a few of them. It's anarchy on the border (though I realize that may be a check in the pros column for you).

Last edited:
I don't believe I have any right to tell people they can't try for a better life in the US. Sure my forefathers settled here, but what if they were denied the chance to do so?

It's not anarchy on the border, it's incompetent government at work, and it always will be. Open the borders. Document everyone. Collect taxes from them.

I don't believe I have any right to tell people they can't try for a better life in the US. Sure my forefathers settled here, but what if they were denied the chance to do so?

It's not anarchy on the border, it's incompetent government at work, and it always will be. Open the borders. Document everyone. Collect taxes from them.

It's lawless on the border because of the refusal of the government to enforce its own immigration laws.

Even if I agreed that the US should be an open border nation state, before that could ever happen, free government bennies would have to be abolished. Otherwise, it will economically collapse our society.

The argument that your forefathers ended up here so we should let anyone flood in is absurd to me. It largely ignores the reality of the requirements for (legal) immigration centuries ago to the reality of immigration today.

Here's what these people are seeing under this assclown's tenure..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 3 people

And drive down the quality of life.

Yep good plan huff.

It's lawless on the border because of the refusal of the government to enforce its own immigration laws.

Even if I agreed that the US should be an open border nation state, before that could ever happen, free government bennies would have to be abolished. Otherwise, it will economically collapse our society.

The argument that your forefathers ended up here so we should let anyone flood in is absurd to me. It largely ignores the reality of the requirements for (legal) immigration centuries ago to the reality of immigration today.

But it wouldn't look like this in the absence of our backward immigration laws and war on drugs, so it's not a product of anarchy. It's a product of inept government. You want government to come up with a solution. Good luck with that. I think we'd be better off if they got out of the way.

Preventing immigration on the basis of welfare is akin to birth rationing on the basis of welfare. Argue against welfare, not labor. Take the side of freedom, not the suppression of...

Completely open borders would save social security for at least another generation. Blue collar workers start paying into SS at age 16-18 and don't stop until they are 65+. Then they die young, so limited years collecting benefits.

There are many other pros, but that's a big one. Few thoroughly think through the positive implications of open borders.

Completely open borders would save social security for at least another generation. Blue collar workers start paying into SS at age 16-18 and don't stop until they are 65+. Then they die young, so limited years collecting benefits.

There are many other pros, but that's a big one. Few thoroughly think through the positive implications of open borders.

As someone who advocates for the smallest amount of government (especially at the federal level), which I agree with to an extent, why are you looking to save social security?

If services are cheaper, my quality of life will go up.

Not necessarily. The government will always step in to bail people out, that causes your taxes to go up.

The real solution is to close the border, all borders to all immigration, revamp education to include trade skills, reduce entitlements and unemployment and let the majority of the baby boomers die off. Once the elderly population has been reduced allow selective immigration.

VN Store

Back