Florida teen arrested and expelled *for being gay*

BartW

Gold Member
18-year-old Florida Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Arrested and Expelled From High School Over Gay Relationship; Charges Pressed By Her Girlfriend’s Homophobic Parents

In a modern day Romeo and Juliet family feud, a family has been torn apart by the homophobia of their daughter’s girlfriends parents who pressed “lewd and lascivious battery” felony charges on her after finding out about their gay relationship. Earlier this school year, Florida’s Sebastian River High School senior Kaitlyn Hunt, who at the time was 17, began a relationship with her classmate, a 15-year old girl.

On February 16, Police arrived at the family’s home and put her daughter in handcuffs, charged with two felony counts of lewd and lascivious battery on a child 12–16 years of age, according to Examiner.

“These people never came to us as parents, never tried to speak to us… and tell us they had a problem with the girls dating,” Kaitlyn Hunt’s mother, Kelley Hunt-Smith, wrote in a statement posted to Facebook. “…They were out to destroy my daughter. [They] feel like my daughter ‘made’ their daughter gay.”

nice.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Florida statute:

A child under 16 years of age cannot consent to sexual activity, regardless of the age of the defendant.[189] A child who is at least 16 years of age and less than 18 years of age cannot consent to sexual activity if the defendant is 24 years of age or older.[190]

She was not arrested and expelled "just for being gay". She was arrested and expelled for lewd and lascivious battery, which the state of FL defines as: "Sexual activity[194] with someone more than 12 years of age and less than 16 years of age." Note that there is no mention in the law to distinguish one way or the other per same-sex trysts.

Apparently the law states that someone over 16 can consent to sex, someone 15 can't. So you do not have sex between two consenting adults, per the definition of the law.

Reactions: 3 people
So by "nice" is the OP admitting to be a fan of underage lesbians? Would you describe it as a hobby or a passion?

Reactions: 1 person
Are we consenting to an adult (18+) having sexual relations with a child (17-)??? I would crotch kick a male or female 18 year old who did this to my girl, who is 15.

The hot one is 18 :)

Well actually, story is over a year old, so she's 19 now. The case is still unresolved though.

This is fodder for the homosexual/pedophile comparisons, analogies. Dumb.

I wouldn't say OP is misleading so much as it is intentionally controversial. C'mon guys, I used punctuation and everything.

I wouldn't say OP is misleading so much as it is intentionally controversial. C'mon guys, I used punctuation and everything.

It was misleading, and the article was an editorial hack job, painting pictures of romeo and juliet, while referencing 'homophobia' as opposed to Florida law and pedophilia.

It was the ultimate failure at every level until 9:46 tonight.

VN Store

Back