Hating theocracies whilst attempting to build a theocracy

lawgator1

image1-500x321.jpg

Can the Christians who constantly remind us of the evils of a caliphate please stop trying to build a Christian government here?

Thanks.

Reactions: 5 people
Holly hobby lobby hurting your liberal sensitivities?

Good mission accomplished.

Liberals have no logic and are now attempting to make her look extremist without giving any context to the pic... Aka she's doing it to piss you and your hatred of freedom off.

Reactions: 4 people
Same basic principle: religion as a basis for government policy.

Freedom from forced govt intervention is not the same as a theocracy. Did the woman on the left say the bible should replace the Constitution?

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know what her intent was in taking the photo. I doubt it was to promote a Christian theocracy, although I also have difficulty believing somebody willing to take a photo like that would be opposed to an American Christian theocracy, but who's to say.

What I find most interesting though is that the photo reflects a larger sentiment I've witnessed in American Christianity, particularly Protestantism: God is on our side. It's implicit, but it's there. Why else do you place a Bible and a flag together? The bizarre thing is that Christianity is completely antithetical to nationalism. Obviously, America isn't the only one that does this; it seems to be a human phenomenon more than an American one, but I find it intriguing nonetheless.

Now, the Old Testament? Well, that's the greatest nationalistic manifesto ever written. But not the New Testament.

Reactions: 2 people
What I want to know though is why we're assuming Holly Jihad isn't also privy to irony. Racism?

VN Store

Back