IDF Readying for Invasion of Gaza

Reactions: 3 people
I heard on NPR that the Iron Dome system is only 5% effective.

Doesn't sound very protective.

Just got back from Gaza. The only word that describes it is 'Hell'.

I'll be the horse's backside, but I'll say what others are thinking when I say they brought it on themselves.

Gaza residents had the chance to root out the terrorists themselves. And didn't either by design or incompetence. And they let the terrorists twist the tiger's tail one too many times.

Reactions: 6 people
I'll be the horse's backside, but I'll say what others are thinking when I say they brought it on themselves.

Gaza residents had the chance to root out the terrorists themselves. And didn't either by design or incompetence. And they let the terrorists twist the tiger's tail one too many times.

Not that I don't mostly agree with you, but how is an isolated state, with very little money or resources supposed to "root out the terrorists".

Reactions: 4 people
Not to be an insensitive douche but i kind of hope Israel just demolishes that place simply so we don't have to keep hearing about the fight between Palestine and Israel anymore.

Reactions: 2 people
Not that I don't mostly agree with you, but how is an isolated state, with very little money or resources supposed to "root out the terrorists".

It's called tacit support. You've been around the block enough to know that. You can't tell me the villages and towns over there don't know who's causing the trouble. And if push came to shove, if they couldn't take care of the problem themselves they know who to call as I'm pretty certain Israel has all sorts of intel networks over there who can get the word out.

It's no different than the insurgencies in Iraq and Afghanistan we dealt with. Or what the Russians dealt with in Chechnya and Dagestan. Everyone in town knew who the troublemakers were. Getting them to point them out was a different matter entirely. Some did, most didn't and you have to root them out.

And if push came to shove, if they couldn't take care of the problem themselves they know who to call as I'm pretty certain Israel has all sorts of intel networks over there who can get the word out.

This is the problem. They don't trust Israel enough to ask for help. Why? No one is innocent in this. However, when you see hospitals and schools being hit with rockets, when you see hundreds of horribly wounded children and women; you wonder who the true aggressor is here.

Do I have a solution? Nope. But the entire world needs to put pressure here. On both sides. Unfortunately, the powers that be, yada yada yada...

No need. It took me a second but I found it..

As a follow up, why the heck would you leave now? Seems like things are just about to get 'street level' violent.

Saw more than enough for one trip. It was a last minute stop on my way out of the ME.

Reactions: 1 person
Not 45 minutes ago, 4 children killed, dozens more wounded when Israel bombed the beach in Gaza. The beach I was just standing on playing soccer with a bunch of kids. A beach that is nothing but kids playing because it's one of the safer (or so we thought) places for them to be.

How do you expect these people to ever want to work with Israel. As this escalates, all they're doing is breeding more hate and resentment among the 'regular' citizens.

Reactions: 7 people
Not 45 minutes ago, 4 children killed, dozens more wounded when Israel bombed the beach in Gaza. The beach I was just standing on playing soccer with a bunch of kids. A beach that is nothing but kids playing because it's one of the safer (or so we thought) places for them to be.

How do you expect these people to ever want to work with Israel. As this escalates, all they're doing is breeding more hate and resentment among the 'regular' citizens.

It's a two way street there chief..

Not to be an insensitive douche but i kind of hope Israel just demolishes that place simply so we don't have to keep hearing about the fight between Palestine and Israel anymore.

My inner Genghis Khan agrees with you; however, the Mother Teresa in me is very fierce and most often keeps him at bay.

This is the problem. They don't trust Israel enough to ask for help. Why? No one is innocent in this. However, when you see hospitals and schools being hit with rockets, when you see hundreds of horribly wounded children and women; you wonder who the true aggressor is here.

Do I have a solution? Nope. But the entire world needs to put pressure here. On both sides. Unfortunately, the powers that be, yada yada yada...

In war, there are no such things as innocents. Harsh reality, but it's something that is.

Problem is the lesser of two evils. If they ask any of the Arab neighbors for help, they get more rockets and explosives as "assistance." If they ask Israel, they get occupation. But historically, it's not like either side has ever agreed to anything besides hatred of each other.

It's a mess that they need to sort out themselves. And telling Israel to pull back to its 1967 boundaries isn't an option.

In war, there are no such things as innocents. Harsh reality, but it's something that is..

GV, I recoiled when I read this. So, before I bring my considerable wit to bear (mocking you, lambasting you, and crushing your self esteem) can you provide more insight and perspective on this statement?

VN Store

Back