White House Petition for USMC Sgt Tahmooressi

ajvol01

GBO!
SIAP

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...i-suffering-ptsd-mexico-imprisonment/qslJk2Xd

Please sign this - no reason he shouldn't be back in US

Demand Release of U.S.M.C. Sgt. Tahmooressi Suffering with PTSD from Mexico Imprisonment

Sgt. Tahmooressi, living in a truck having just arrived San Diego to seek VA assistance with PTSD supported by a Purple Heart veteran Marine; a 2 tour OEF meritoriously promoted Sergeant gets lost at the border and with one wrong turns ends up in the Mexico customs lane with no way to turn back. His truck piled high with possessions as he searched housing including his U.S. legally purchased firearms/ ammunition. Not intending to drive into Mexico he explains he is lost. Arrested since 4/1/2014, since incarceration his life has been threatened; sustained a neck wound requiring hospitalization and chained in a 4-point restraint, 26+days. The affect of this unjust incarceration on a decorated combat Marine is despairing. Tahmooressi supported by U.S. Consular Services yet low hope.

Last edited:
Do these petitions do anything? Has there ever been action taken by a president specifically related to an internet petition?

Having crossed the border quite a few times, I have a hard time with the "took a wrong turn" part. It's not like they're hidden or unmarked

Your right. It has no bearing on how one thinks or operates in the scope of life's choices.

Silly me.

If it had that much of an effect then I question his ability to properly operate a vehicle. I just question the one side of the incident being presented as fact

Not saying that he deserves to be imprisoned that long but he made the decision to drive into another country and break their laws.

Reactions: 2 people
If it had that much of an effect then I question his ability to properly operate a vehicle. I just question the one side of the incident being presented as fact

Not saying that he deserves to be imprisoned that long but he made the decision to drive into another country and break their laws.

An Oklahoma state trooper lost his mind on a ambulance driver and crew. PTSD isn't something to mess with. And I agree, maybe he shouldn't be operating a car. Much like the trooper in Oklahoma. But by that time, it's too late. Get the man home, and get him some help.

He is a freaking United States Marine.

Obama releases 5 damn terrorist, but can't get a single marine home?

Reactions: 3 people
An Oklahoma state trooper lost his mind on a ambulance driver and crew. PTSD isn't something to mess with. And I agree, maybe he shouldn't be operating a car. Much like the trooper in Oklahoma. But by that time, it's too late. Get the man home, and get him some help.

He is a freaking United States Marine.

Obama releases 5 damn terrorist, but can't get a single marine home?

Ex-Marine with PTSD loaded to the teeth and makes bad decisions. What could go wrong?

Reactions: 1 person
Oh hell. They left the part out about him invading Mexico. Did they find a manifest? Was he working black ops for bush?

The fact that we haven't just gone and gotten him is sadderer.

Playing devil's advocate. Say we arrest a foreign national, would you be happy if that nation just, "went in and got him" on our sovereign land after breaking our laws?

He could end up in prison, with a president doesn't give two ****s about him or anybody else in the military .

I'm guessing this isn't the first vet that's broken another country's laws and been subject to that country's prosecution.

I don't see what being a vet has to do with it.

I'm a disabled US army vet and sure as hell wouldn't expect special treatment due to that status. If this guy is relying on his former occupation to garner sympathy, he'll get none from me.

Despite the media trying to reframe the situation and you guys buying into is - this isn't about the president or the administration. The guy broke the law and must now pay the price.

I'm guessing this isn't the first vet that's broken another country's laws and been subject to that country's prosecution.

I'm a disabled US army vet and sure as hell wouldn't expect special treatment due to that status. If this guy is relying on his former occupation to garner sympathy, he'll get none from me.

Despite the media trying to reframe the situation and you guys buying into is - this isn't about the president or the administration. The guy broke the law and must now pay the price.

I can't bold-

But yet the president lets 5 terrorist go for a pos deserter

Are you sure he broke the law? There hasn't been a trial yet.

He claims he told them at the border that he made a mistake and had the 3 weapons with him and could he turn around. They wouldn't let him.

I'm all for taking responsibility but I'm also for due process.

Also, I would think we would have a bit more reciprocity given the number of times armed officials from Mexico cross our border "accidentally". Shouldn't they "pay the price"?

Mexican official says chopper didn't cross border

Wow, you're really off your game today. He's an active duty marine whose served in Iraq and or Afghanistan . Greta did an in depth reenactment of the path he took which is deceptively marked by the way, and when he realized he couldn't turn around he freely admitted to having legally registered weapons on his person. If our supreme leader cared about this soldier one ****ing phone call could rectify the situation. You would have known all this if you had taken the time to research it.

Wow, you're really off your game today. He's an active duty marine whose served in Iraq and or Afghanistan .

He left active duty in 2012

Greta did an in depth reenactment of the path he took which is deceptively marked by the way, and when he realized he couldn't turn around he freely admitted to having legally registered weapons on his person.
Well, since Greta say's it, then it must be so.

If our supreme leader cared about this soldier one ****ing phone call could rectify the situation. You would have known all this if you had taken the time to research it.
Orly?

VN Store

Back