Jobs report

"Meanwhile, the unemployment rate is now 6.1%, down from 6.3% in May. The drop came for the right reasons: More Americans said they had jobs, plus more people joined the labor force.

Another encouraging sign: pay is on the rise. Hourly wages ticked up 0.2% in June and are up 2% in the past 12 months.

Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen has said she wants to see wages rising faster than inflation. If average Americans see their buying power rise, that could boost consumer spending -- the single biggest driver of the U.S. economy."

Reactions: 1 person
Reactions: 3 people
Septic already came in sarcastically but I'm gonna say it anyway.

So you're telling me that its summer, a time when employers typically hire a lot of young people, and employers are hiring? Tell me more great litigator.

"Liti-gator", I actually think thats more clever than lawgator.

So you're telling me that its summer, a time when employers typically hire a lot of young people, and employers are hiring? Tell me more great litigator.

Are you going to discredit all summer jobs under every president?

Reactions: 2 people

More jobs added in first six months of this year than since 2006.

Things are far from perfect, but if you deny they are heading in the right direction you just aren't being honest.

Gold down a percent today. Poor Glenn Beck.

The 6.3 was crap and the 6.1 is too. Based on the history of these numbers why would anyone believe these reports?

The market is simply getting money while it's still available. Higher you climb the farther you fall

Are you going to discredit all summer jobs under every president?

I'm gonna sit back and see if this trend continues. After the abysmal Q1 we had, I need to see more than just a time when jobs historically and typically more abundant.

And remember, I'm a libertarian, I'm just as likely to bash an R as I am a D. They're all pretty worthless these days so in short, if it were an R in charge right now, I'd still need to see more.

I'm gonna sit back and see if this trend continues. After the abysmal Q1 we had, I need to see more than just a time when jobs historically and typically more abundant.

And remember, I'm a libertarian, I'm just as likely to bash an R as I am a D. They're all pretty worthless these days so in short, if it were an R in charge right now, I'd still need to see more.

Earlier months were also revised upward. It is an interesting dichotomy, the GDP numbers versus the hiring numbers. Setting aside the weather issues, this could indicate that the economy is a coiled spring and is beginning a true bounce.

Inflation now has to be lurking. Inventories down, demand up, wages creeping up.

Let me ask you a question, and this is a legitimate question.

Would "young people" qualify for unemployment in the first place? Is the number we're looking at "the number of people off unemployment that were previously on" or what?

Seems to me summer jobs would only add to the work force - not bring the unemployment percentage down.

49 out of the last 50 months
1404397168181.jpg

The 6.3 was crap and the 6.1 is too. Based on the history of these numbers why would anyone believe these reports?

The market is simply getting money while it's still available. Higher you climb the farther you fall

Ban job reports.

Ban job reports.

They're essentially useless as is most govt reporting. They throw out a number that means little to nothing once you dig into the details. Of course they know no one will do that and when they revise the number next month no one will even notice. It's simply to manipulate the ignorant masses and it appears to be working

The BLS reports make me regret not taking a job with them out of college. Making up numbers with no accountability? Sign me up

for decades. The bureau is run by a bunch of entrenched statists who favor big government. That is where their bias is. So, you can't really believe their numbers. If you go to shadowstats.com you can get some accurate information. The U6 number is the number that used to be reported decades ago and the bureaucrats have massaged the formula over time and we have this contorted U3 number today. The "real" number is being reported on shadowstats.com and it is not going down.

Attachments

• alt-unemployment-mini.gif
    alt-unemployment-mini.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 167
They're essentially useless as is most govt reporting. They throw out a number that means little to nothing once you dig into the details. Of course they know no one will do that and when they revise the number next month no one will even notice. It's simply to manipulate the ignorant masses and it appears to be working

The BLS reports make me regret not taking a job with them out of college. Making up numbers with no accountability? Sign me up

Numbers are funny like that, the BLS numbers are 1% right, 100% of the time. Wait, wat?

for decades. The bureau is run by a bunch of entrenched statists who favor big government. That is where their bias is. So, you can't really believe their numbers. If you go to shadowstats.com you can get some accurate information. The U6 number is the number that used to be reported decades ago and the bureaucrats have massaged the formula over time and we have this contorted U3 number today. The "real" number is being reported on shadowstats.com and it is not going down.

If that chart is accurate then we should soon be in another Great Depression. We'll see. I've heard we may very well have another major financial crisis in the coming decades or two with student loan debt. Should be fun.

VN Store

Back