A Glo-ing candidate

And the comments from the tolerant, inclusive, more highly evolved lefties at the end of the article.....OH MY.

LG, please bring your outrage to bear on those racist and insensitive comments.

I'm not sure if its as much "racism" as it is a political statement from a young African American Liberal about the simple fact that she is an African American Conservative.

Reactions: 1 person
Must be those racist Republicans sabotaging her campaign.

Corine "go gata" Brown has held that seat for ever.. She's on par with Sheila Jackson Lee and Maxine Watters . Maybe the peeps up in Jacksonville will finally pull their heads out of their collective asses..

Reactions: 2 people
Lovely comment:

Anna Rather
Why in the Hell would a black woman be a Republican. REPUBLICANS ARE NOT FOR AFRICAN AMERICANS, OR FOR WOMEN!

Dat Liberal Indoctrination tho.

EDIT: The amount of entitlement and stereotyping in those comment threads might give me a terminal disease.

Lovely comment:

Anna Rather
Why in the Hell would a black woman be a Republican. REPUBLICANS ARE NOT FOR AFRICAN AMERICANS, OR FOR WOMEN!

All blacks were republicans in the beginning,including the first black congressmen.

Given that she's a registered Republican, she is also officially white. As such, nothing said about her, or done to her, can be considered racism.

Given that she's a registered Republican, she is also officially white. As such, nothing said about her, or done to her, can be considered racism.

Admirably, she isn't screaming racism and playing the role of victim. She is maintaining focus on the capaign and the issues.

Another gem:

Spencer Blank
The irony here is that President Obama has endured far worse from the extreme right. Why a woman and an*African American would consider being a Republican is beyond understanding. The right has had a long history of racist views. Tea party members have repeatedly used disgusting racial slurs since their formation. Even the Supreme Court has demonstrated it's disdain for women and minorities. Republican leaders mask racism by calling for voter restriction in heavily populated minority areas, testing for drugs etc. This country has a long way to go before racism us eliminated. Very unfortunate.

She was on the Herman Cain show this week,I like what I heard..

I don't know enough about the makeup of Jacksonville to know whether she stands a shot or not.

I was referring to the comments on the article itself. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around how someone can be racist enough to think someone had to choose their political party because of their skin color.

Call me naive if you want.

She was on the Herman Cain show this week,I like what I heard..

Herman is back on the radio? Cool.

according to some of the comments after the article, people who have researched her say she is the real deal.

according to some of the comments after the article, people who have researched her say she is the real deal.

Obviously not. She's a black woman and a conservative. She screwed up somewhere I suppose.

(for those that don't know, that's a sarcastic remark)

I am shocked neither by the notion that some would view her as a traitor to her race for being a Republican, nor that some in the Republican party would never vote for her because of her race.

I am shocked neither by the notion that some would view her as a traitor to her race for being a Republican, nor that some in the Republican party would never vote for her because of her race.

You started off okay in this post...and completely went moronic in the end.

Please just STFU.

Reactions: 2 people

Please just STFU.

Don't scold him too harshly. His idol is dropping in popularity like a stone. Hillary looks bloated and tired. And Biden.....well, he's Biden. Tough few months to be a lib.

Please just STFU.

I don't think it's crazy to say someone wouldn't vote for her because the color of her skin. You don't believe racism is real anymore?

Mrs Hattie keepin it real:

Hattie Pearl Rosser
Those who keep calling Folk Uncle Toms must not be very educated because if you were you would know that*the real Uncle Tom was one hell of a man who helped his people in every way he could to better themselves, So I am proud to be referred to as an UNCLE TOM

I don't know enough about the makeup of Jacksonville to know whether she stands a shot or not.

I was referring to the comments on the article itself. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around how someone can be racist enough to think someone had to choose their political party because of their skin color.

Call me naive if you want.

That's because you don't think like a lib.

I think there are people in both parties who wouldn't vote for her based on her race, just as there are people in both races that wouldn't vote for her because of her party. I am surprised anyone thinks its absolute in either direction.

VN Store

Back