Will the GOP claim Obama doing too much on immigration?

so what's new?

Obama is an idiot and Boner and the rest of the congressional GOP aren't exactly members of MENSA, either.

Reactions: 3 people
so what's new?

Obama is an idiot and Boner and the rest of the congressional GOP aren't exactly members of MENSA, either.

Obama's announcement is a political ploy to reinforce the Dem message that the GOP is the stumbling block to immigration reform.

1) It happens to be true; and 2) instead of doing anything to curb the backlash within the Hispanic community to that fact, the GOP seems to go further into its shell and to itself help reinforce the message.

The numbers do not lie. The GOP's position on this issue is the equivalent of committing slow suicide.

Reactions: 1 person
Let me get this straight? He is or isn't going to enforce the current immigration laws?

Why pass a bill giving legal status to illegal immigrants if Obama won't enforce laws already on the books, much less stricter laws in a new bill?

Obama's announcement is a political ploy to reinforce the Dem message that the GOP is the stumbling block to immigration reform.

1) It happens to be true; and 2) instead of doing anything to curb the backlash within the Hispanic community to that fact, the GOP seems to go further into its shell and to itself help reinforce the message.

The numbers do not lie. The GOP's position on this issue is the equivalent of committing slow suicide.

It really is amazing. The party is going to split. Just a matter of time.

Guys like Cantor, Jeb, or Boehner, or even talking heads like George Will see the writing on the wall. But the base is absolutely entrenched.

The tide of Hispanic voters is going to destroy the Republican party, that's your position? You mean the 44% of the approximately 6 million registered that vote Dem?

Hispanics In America

Guys like Cantor, Jeb, or Boehner, or even talking heads like George Will see the writing on the wall. But the base is absolutely entrenched.

Come here legally and live by our rules

Stop acting like we hate Hispanics. Nothing of the sort

Our ancestors did it the right way and were proud to become American citizens. Half just want the milk and honey promised by the Dems to get votes and care nothing of what this country is about or stands for

Reactions: 2 people

Describe Hispanic community. My grandmother is full blown Mexican and the illegal immigration problem infuriates her. They're breaking the law and she wants them to come here legally like her parents did

Honestly, I'm shocked the two party system has lasted as long as it has. The only thing that has held it together was the hate for the other side. Now that the hate is as strong or stronger for those within the party, it is only a matter of time.

I think the coming split is a good think. Hopefully the Democratic party does the same thing eventually. The Libertarian party will be the immediate benefactors.

Describe Hispanic community. My grandmother is full blown Mexican and the illegal immigration problem infuriates her. They're breaking the law and she wants them to come here legally like her parents did

Your grandmother is in the minority.

Honestly, I'm shocked the two party system has lasted as long as it has. The only thing that has held it together was the hate for the other side. Now that the hate is as strong or stronger for those within the party, it is only a matter of time.

I think the coming split is a good think. Hopefully the Democratic party does the same thing eventually. The Libertarian party will be the immediate benefactors.

Yes

Term limits would help greatly with the indifference in Washington

In response, Obama said he was starting "a new effort to fix as much of our immigration system as I can on my own, without Congress," adding that he directed his team to recommend steps he can take this summer and that he would then act on those steps "without delay."

1) Everything Obama touches turns to crap. This will be no different.

2) I ask again...why even have a Congress? The dictator is at it again!

What crazy times we are living in.

Reactions: 5 people
GOP is wrong and Obama is right. These threads are both predictable and completely ridiculous

Then the idiots will fit right in with a huge portion of Americans. Too dumb to deserve a vote yet they'll get one anyway. All while the people in DC fiddle gleefully away

Well I am happy that my grandmother has the stones to speak out against illegally entering our country.

I do believe we need serious immigration reform, it's just simply a matter of nothing will please everyone. So nothing will be done.

I do believe we need serious immigration reform, it's just simply a matter of nothing will please everyone. So nothing will be done.

A good start would be to enforce the existing laws at the Federal level. And stop punishing states for enforcing those laws at the state level.

Reactions: 2 people

Not all Latinos support illegal immigration.

Ask the Ronald Reagan moderates if amnesty is a good idea. They thought it was a good way to get the brown vote back in '86. Now look at California. It's a bankrupt, left-wing hellhole. The only thing we need to do with immigration is severely curtail it so wages can rise and we can take away the uneducated, low information left-wing vote.

VN Store

Back