Police officers, or private mercinaries?

Orange_Crush

I'm Dr. Rosen Rosen
Massachusetts SWAT teams claim they’re private corporations, immune from open records laws - The Washington Post

Some of these LECs have also apparently incorporated as 501(c)(3) organizations. And it’s here that we run into problems. According to the ACLU, the LECs are claiming that the 501(c)(3) status means that they’re private corporations, not government agencies. And therefore, they say they’re immune from open records requests. Let’s be clear. These agencies oversee police activities. They employ cops who carry guns, wear badges, collect paychecks provided by taxpayers and have the power to detain, arrest, injure and kill. They operate SWAT teams, which conduct raids on private residences. And yet they say that because they’ve incorporated, they’re immune to Massachusetts open records laws. The state’s residents aren’t permitted to know how often the SWAT teams are used, what they’re used for, what sort of training they get or who they’re primarily used against.

This should be interesting... Organizations that are militarized against the taxpayers, paid by the taxpayers, with special rights under the law above and beyond the taxpayers, but not subject to taxpayer oversight.

And they wonder why they make us uncomfortable...

Reactions: 3 people
If they're private corporations, they need to secure private funding. Let's see how long they last without taxpayer support.

Reactions: 1 person
And why the 4th doesn't mean a thing to the individual me or you. The 4th is for the protection of the individual...individual protection is crucial. The sunshine law only applies to the gov so they are fooked.

Obama make write an order or something but it aint gonna work... at least not now...

Since they are private corporations dosn't that open them, organization and members, up to lawsuits?

Basically what you have here is hired mercenaries and they can be shot on site for treason imo

minus liberal cities you will not have to worry about the cops

minus corrupt democrat unions you will not have to worry about your neighbors that work for a living...

now if you are next to a bunch of freeloaders look out they might throw some cheese...

I generally am pro cop but if the SWAT wants to say they're provatized, completely cut them from the taxpayer teet and see how long they last.

If they're private they're going to have to get rid of lots of those fun toys they have too. Can't have private citizens using auto weapons and tear gas now can we?

I generally am pro cop but if the SWAT wants to say they're provatized, completely cut them from the taxpayer teet and see how long they last.

Do SWAT teams have full auto weapons? Tear gas canons? Asps? Much more weaponry that the average citizen can't own or needs special permits to own?

Also, take away the special protections from prosecution when they really eff up. Arrest them when they break into my house, shoot my dog, and kidnap me.

If they're private they're going to have to get rid of lots of those fun toys they have too. Can't have private citizens using auto weapons and tear gas now can we?

Sorry, didn't read your post before ranting on my own. :)

This is a very smart strategic move. They knew that republicans would be taking over and cutting their funding and their welfare soon.

The only option they had was to become a private corporation so they can be bailed out by the next bush

pale-rider-seven-villains-stockburn-and-six-deputies.jpg

This is a very smart strategic move. They knew that republicans would be taking over and cutting their funding and their welfare soon.

The only option they had was to become a private corporation so they can be bailed out by the next bush

Why would they need a Bush for that? Obama's bailout was much bigger. Just wait until the insurance bailout that's coming. When all is said and done, that one will dwarf the taxpayer theft that Bush initiated.

Did you left-of-center guys already forget about Obama's charity giving to the banks and the auto industry?

This.

I can't figure out how nobody noticed this until now. I mean, shouldn't the IRS be checking the 501C (3) accounts?

Oh wait...

Why would they need a Bush for that? Obama's bailout was much bigger. Just wait until the insurance bailout that's coming. When all is said and done, that one will dwarf the taxpayer theft that Bush initiated.

Did you left-of-center guys already forget about Obama's charity giving to the banks and the auto industry?

Bush family 2.5 bailouts (2 banks and part of the auto bail out)

Obama .5 (part of the auto bailout.

Bush family 2.5 bailouts (2 banks and part of the auto bail out)

Obama .5 (part of the auto bailout.

Wait a minute... if that's true, Obama didn't save anyone and "prevent the worst recession since the Great Depression." Bush did it!!! Bush saved us!!!

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

VN Store

Back