Rand Paul on Reagan

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
WATCH: Rand Paul Says Jimmy Carter Was Better on the Budget Than Ronald Reagan | Mother Jones

Paul hasn't always cast himself as much of a Reagan fan. In fact, when he stumped for his father in 2008 and again when ran for Senate in 2010, Paul often referred to the grand old man of the GOP with a touch of disappointment and criticism. And he routinely made an assertion that might seem like blasphemy to many Republicans: President Jimmy Carter had a better record on fiscal discipline than Reagan. In a variety of campaign appearances that were captured on video, Paul repeatedly compared Reagan unfavorably to Carter on one of Paul's top policy priorities: government spending. When Paul was a surrogate speaker for his father, then-Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), during the elder Paul's 2008 presidential quest, his sales pitch included dumping on Reagan for failing to rein in federal budget deficits. Standing on the back of a truck and addressing the crowd at the Coalition of New Hampshire Taxpayers picnic in July 2007, Rand Paul complained about Reagan and praised his father for having opposed Reagan's budget:
"The deficit went through the roof under Reagan. So how long did it take Ron Paul to figure out that the guy he had liked, endorsed, campaigned for, campaigned for him? The very first [Reagan] budget. Ron Paul voted "no" against the very first Reagan budget… Everybody loved this "great" budget. It was a $100 billion in debt. This was three times greater than Jimmy Carter's worst deficit."
I seriously doubt he has any chance of getting the GOP nomination in 2016 now. His primary opponents will use this to tear him apart.

His dad would add pork to budgets and then vote no on the budget. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Reactions: 1 person
Ron never had a chance at being president and neither does Rand. It wouldn't have mattered if he got the nomination or not.

A lot of this is true. People see the guys name and think he's the greatest praying conservative man of all time. Maybe he was, but he sure as hell spend A LOT of money.

Ron never had a chance at being president and neither does Rand. It wouldn't have mattered if he got the nomination or not.

And it's a damn shame. Keep putting in the same type guys we have been for 40+ years, we will keep getting the same results. It's long overdue for someone who rocks the comfort zone boat a little bit.

Reactions: 6 people
And it's a damn shame. Keep putting in the same type guys we have been for 40+ years, we will keep getting the same results. It's long overdue for someone who rocks the comfort zone boat a little bit.

Totally agree. I really wish Ron would have gotten a chance to be president.

A lot of this is true. People see the guys name and think he's the greatest praying conservative man of all time. Maybe he was, but he sure as hell spend A LOT of money.

It is very true. I have posted several times that Reagan did not govern as a conservative, of course I always got flamed.

Honestly I can't think of anyone I would want to be President. Maybe Schwarzenegger but only because he was Conan. I know it can't happen..

We dont really let people in the executive branch like that anymore.. :hmm:
jfk-dallas-350.jpg

Now, good politicians that will stand on their own two feet regardless of political pressures may make it to the judicial branch or congress occasionally, but not to the executive branch where the most power is delegated to the fewest people. People in that branch of the government work for someone.. usually some corporate interest as we really only come to learn in hindsight.

Last edited:
I love how Rand Paul is talking federal budgets and mentions the rise in domestic spending under Reagan (which is no huge secret) as well as most other Presidents and a bunch of you tards buy into the Mother Jones blatantly biased article like it's holy writ. And I never, not once, heard him say "Jimmy Carter was a better President than Ronald Reagan."

You ever consider the source of the article?

I love how Rand Paul is talking federal budgets and mentions the rise in domestic spending under Reagan (which is no huge secret) as well as most other Presidents and a bunch of you tards buy into the Mother Jones blatantly biased article like it's holy writ. And I never, not once, heard him say "Jimmy Carter was a better President than Ronald Reagan."

You ever consider the source of the article?
$$

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 2
Isn't this the second Mother Jones article we've seen about Paul that uses recordings of what he said to reach some larger conclusions? MJ sure has a hard on about RP.

Isn't this the second Mother Jones article we've seen about Paul that uses recordings of what he said to reach some larger conclusions? MJ sure has a hard on about RP.

They have a hard on for anything conservative.

It's nice to take four second soundbites and draw conclusions.

Couldn't agree with you more

You have not. I can back up every post I have made about him with facts. Again anything I said wrong, point it out. You Can't

You can't back up shizz. You post 1/2 the story and slant facts to suit your own stance.

VN Store

Back