Florida GOP lawmaker proposes drug testing elected officials

lawgator1

Florida lawmaker accused of DUI after Taco Bell run - Orlando Sentinel

And then gets arrested for DUI.

bugs-bunny-sawing-florida.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Typical hypocrite politician.

Reminds me of some so called religious leaders. " Do as I say, not as I do"

Don't understand what getting a DUI has to do with a good idea for legislation.

Reactions: 3 people
Everyone gets a drug test, elected or not, upon acceptance of the job. Some of us more important folks get random drug tests but most of the time its one and done for the average joe government monkey.

This is still funny..reminds me of Dan Newlin getting a DUI.

Everyone gets a drug test, elected or not, upon acceptance of the job. Some of us more important folks get random drug tests but most of the time its one and done for the average joe government monkey.

This is still funny..reminds me of Dan Newlin getting a DUI.

Or John Morgan

The hypocrisy is not by any means limited to Republicans. It just seems that more often than not they get nabbed doing something viewed as immoral, or involving some sort of social values sin, shortly after having preached about others' shortcomings.

Reactions: 1 person
The hypocrisy is not by any means limited to Republicans. It just seems that more often than not they get nabbed doing something viewed as immoral, or involving some sort of social values sin, shortly after having preached about others' shortcomings.

Trying to require drug testing as a prerequisite for holding office is not about morals, social values, sin or preaching. It's about holding them to the same standards as any other government employee.

Reactions: 4 people
Trying to require drug testing as a prerequisite for holding office is not about morals, social values, sin or preaching. It's about holding them to the same standards as any other government employee.

...that is about moral failings.

They are lousy at getting away with stuff. Politician is a politician.

alcohol is not a dangerous drug or else the govt would protect us from it. He's talking about the hard stuff like pot

hypocrisy not found

Not all non liberal republicans have to be bible thumpers.

...that is about moral failings.

What? That is ludicrous!

It's about standards, if the minimum standard to be a government employee (draw a paycheck) is at least a pre-employment drug screen why shouldn't elected officials be held to the same standards?

Every elected official should be drug tested. Anyone that is making a living off my hard earned money should be drug tested, especially since I have to be drug tested.

Every elected official should be drug tested. Anyone that is making a living off my hard earned money should be drug tested, especially since I have to be drug tested.

How about everybody that receives food stamps, grants/student loans,.....any type of government assistance?

They are lousy at getting away with stuff. Politician is a politician.

Well, he's only 30 years old. But perhaps this will teach him that people make mistakes and that it doesn't necessarily mean its a character flaw that should result in enormous hardship.

And actually, the run to Taco Bell is probably the greater sin here.

Well, he's only 30 years old. But perhaps this will teach him that people make mistakes and that it doesn't necessarily mean its a character flaw that should result in enormous hardship.

Taco Bell and the runs are synonymous ...

How about everybody that receives food stamps, grants/student loans,.....any type of government assistance?

I think at least with food stamps. I wouldn't have quite the same feeling with the student loans simply for the idea that they are supposedly going to be repaid. But not working and getting a free house and food paid for generations of a family with nothing in return to society is a bit too much for me.

Oh, I'm not so sure that's always the case...

You're closer to the news on this than many on this board so it's going to get plastered (no pun intended) on your local news.

But it's fine to test all other government employees?

Look, do away with pre-employment screens or make every single one subject to them, no double standards.

While they are at it, mandatory and spot audits conducted by a 3rd party firm (and paid well to do so to alleviate any coercion or collusion) who will keep both D and R on the straight and narrow. In fact, don't care about drug testing, just the audits.

Getting a DUI is a moral failing? I have heard it all now.

Drinking to excess would seem to be the kind of thing the religious right would bemoan, yes.

He drank to excess, showing a lack of restraint. And is accused of having broken the law and endangered others in the course of doing so.

I'm not saying I never have.

However, I have not run for office and proposed a bill to test the morality of others.

Drinking to excess would seem to be the kind of thing the religious right would bemoan, yes.

He drank to excess, showing a lack of restraint. And is accused of having broken the law and endangered others in the course of doing so.

However, I have not run for office and proposed a bill to test the morality of others.

Mandatory drug testing has ZERO to do with morality. It's about uniformity, if they require it for one why shouldn't they require it for all?

Let it be known, LG has just confirmed that only the right have morals. However, this is a known fact.

Or we could just get rid of archaic and unnecessary laws.

VN Store

Back