SCOTUS upholds Affirmative Action Ban

Good. This needs to be national. We are way beyond needing these silly rules.

Justice Sonia Sotomayor read an impassioned dissent from the bench. She said the initiative put minorities to a burden not faced by other applicants to college.

“The Constitution does not protect racial minorities from political defeat
,” she wrote. “But neither does it give the majority free rein to erect selective barriers against racial minorities.” Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg joined the dissent.

What the F does the bold even mean? The constitution protects NO ONE from political defeat. And please, can someone tell me what racial barriers are being erected against minorities? I swear I hope you don't say "making good grades"..

Reactions: 2 people
it's amazing how racist and condescending the dissent sounds

Justice Sonia Sotomayor read an impassioned dissent from the bench. She said the initiative put minorities to a burden not faced by other applicants to college.

“The Constitution does not protect racial minorities from political defeat,” she wrote. “But neither does it give the majority free rein to erect selective barriers against racial minorities.” Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg joined the dissent.

Reactions: 3 people
And please, can someone tell me what racial barriers are being erected against minorities?

Here's a couple of racial barriers that are in the way of minorities:

al-sharpton-592x427.jpg

1ablog-jessejacksonx-large.jpg

Reactions: 12 people
it's amazing how racist and condescending the dissent sounds

That doesn't even make sense. This initiative prevents race from even being a factor, therefore it can neither hurt nor help one, regardless of one's race.

Last edited:
it makes sense if you start from the pov that minorities are less likely to get into college based on their merits alone or that they are simply less deserving. Were I a minority I would be offended by the assumption

Reactions: 2 people
If you are taking race into account, that in itself is racism. College admission should be based on academic achievement, not just because you're a minority. Quality of your character not the color of your skin. (JMO)

Reactions: 3 people
Even if you were black (you're not), it wouldn't do anything to change the overwhelming amount of white privilege in this thread.

if you want to make the accusation then explain how. The drive-by snips are useless

you're not keeping it anything whoever you are (and were). Coming in posting "omg white guilt" adds noting

There's a difference between "white guilt" and "white privilege." Obviously, I said that the reaction to this ruling by the posters in this thread is as a result of strong white privilege. Do you need me to explain the difference?

There's a difference between "white guilt" and "white privilege." Obviously, I said that the reaction to this ruling by the posters in this thread is as a result of strong white privilege. Do you need me to explain the difference?

explain whatever you want since it would be your first contribution to the discussion

where is the white privilege in stating applicants shouldn't be chosen or not chosen based on their race?

A drive-by comment in a thread about race? Keeping it classy, Peej.

So who's more racist, a person making a statement of fact that snippets and accusations of racism aren't helpful without context?

Or the idiot that takes things out of context and claims racism?

VN Store

Back