The Double Standard

Because we live in a world where racism is fine as long as it isnt by whites directed toward minorities. It can be whites against whites though, that is fine. In fact that is encouraged. As multiculturalism increases so will these types of racist ideologies. To think we are going to live in harmony is bs. Give an "oppressed" people a lil power and some rights and they are going to eventually try to reciprocate the past onto you. Sadly the guy saying this is white so he most likely has a mental disease; liberitius whitus guiltus.

They are on the path to making it less white. First step, lower standards.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Isn't everyone in Western Washington white? After that I'd imagine Asian or Native American would be the next largest ethnicities.

Or raise them and only Asian kids could get in...

Since the proposed changes are in an attempt to combat Washington's declining high school graduation rates, I'm guessing Asians aren't the type of minorities they're looking for.

The university has already replaced standard performance reviews with sensitivity training. I suppose this is a good start because I'm white and this fact alone would eliminate the school as an option for me or my children.

Isn't everyone in Western Washington white? After that I'd imagine Asian or Native American would be the next largest ethnicities.

I believe you are thinking eastern Washington. Western Washington would include Seattle, Tacoma, and Olympia. That said, however, northwest Washington, where WWU is located, is pasty white. No reason to expect to see much ethnic diversity at that institution.

Can't imagine why a university would promote diversity. Really foolish of them.

It is foolish. I can't imagine that the local college in Nova Scotia cares to make any efforts to promote diversity, since the community they serve is not diverse. WWU is not some flagship school of the state. Between UW and WSU, you have an undergrad population of over 50,000, and those populations are actually pretty diverse compared to the state's demographics; WWU, however, with its 13,000 undergrads, and its isolation from the major urban centers, is not going to attract many of the minorities in Seattle, Tacoma, and Olympia.

Saying that the school is failing for not attracting the minorities in such a situation is ridiculous.

Reactions: 2 people
I believe you are thinking eastern Washington. Western Washington would include Seattle, Tacoma, and Olympia. That said, however, northwest Washington, where WWU is located, is pasty white. No reason to expect to see much ethnic diversity at that institution.

You are correct - got my east and west mixed.

I did check the demos of Bellingham earlier and it was 85 white, 5 asian. Of course the draw area for WWU would be larger than just Bellingham.

You are correct - got my east and west mixed.

I did check the demos of Bellingham earlier and it was 85 white, 5 asian. Of course the draw area for WWU would be larger than just Bellingham.

Yes, but the draw is not going to come from Seattle. Nobody is leaving Seattle (in which, UW is smack dab in the middle) for Bellingham unless they have no other options. So, the draw is coming from the ultra-diverse non-metropolitan areas of the state of Washington.

Yes, but the draw is not going to come from Seattle. Nobody is leaving Seattle (in which, UW is smack dab in the middle) for Bellingham unless they have no other options. So, the draw is coming from the ultra-diverse non-metropolitan areas of the state of Washington.

I agree - i was just saying why me looking at the demos of Bellingham wouldn't tell the whole story of the potential (realistic) student pool.

VN Store

Back