Chicago Crime Drop - Real?

In depth reporting - I don't know anything about this paper but it definitely raises some interesting points and perspectives.

Very long

The Truth About Chicago

Wow. Good read! Just when you think a Democrat won't stoop any lower to achieving political goals...they go and do something like this. Lets not fight crime..lets lie about crime.

My favorite part:
"Between the time of 8:36 am 32 seconds and 8:39 am 15 seconds . . . crime went down an amazing 89%!!! compared to the same time last year."

Rahm is attempting to sweep crimes under the rug as resume fluff.

Reactions: 1 person
They just need to work on the other 23 hours, 57 minutes and 42 seconds.

Just remember, this was the same city that someone wanted to host the 2016 Olympics...

This is indeed a disturbing report. I've seen similar claims followed by heated arguments about definitions here in Orlando area about three years ago.

Any response on this from the police?

This is indeed a disturbing report. I've seen similar claims followed by heated arguments about definitions here in Orlando area about three years ago.

Honestly after reading that report would you expect the truth?

Honestly after reading that report would you expect the truth?

The issue in Orlando, similar to this report, was reclassification of crimes. As I recall, and it's been awhile, I think it was the categorization between violent and nonviolent. Certain types of crimes had traditionally been reported one way and then, the accusation was, they were recategorized just to make the numbers work better.

There was quite the public back and forth on it. Just wondering if there's been any sort of reply in this case.

The issue in Orlando, similar to this report, was reclassification of crimes. As I recall, and it's been awhile, I think it was the categorization between violent and nonviolent. Certain types of crimes had traditionally been reported one way and then, the accusation was, they were recategorized just to make the numbers work better.

There was quite the public back and forth on it. Just wondering if there's been any sort of reply in this case.

You failed to mention both the sheriff and chief of police were married at the time to each other.. No room for bias there.

Last edited:

What was the outcome in Orlando?

I think it just came out. There is a part 2 coming next.

If true, I would imagine this will suck for morale among the rank and file cops.

I posted it mainly because I rarely see this type of in depth reporting AND good narrative writing in one piece. It's a good read.

In depth reporting - I don't know anything about this paper but it definitely raises some interesting points and perspectives.

Very long

The Truth About Chicago

9 Dead, 26 Injured and 50 Foot Puppets in Chicago Easter Crime Wave

Amidst ongoing corruption trials, a scandal involving top cops who've been changing crime statistics to show crime going down when it’s not

9 Dead, 26 Injured and 50 Foot Puppets in Chicago Easter Crime Wave - John Ransom - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary - Page 1

Have any of those who’ve changed the numbers been charged yet?

It's not as if the Olympic celebration was planned to be held in the southside of Chicago

And?

It's not like the entire city isn't corrupt and crime ridden. You think the overbudget and corrupt contracts from Sochi were bad for this last Games, imagine how it would be in a place like Chicago.

It's not as if the Olympic celebration was planned to be held in the southside of Chicago

It isn't just the South side. I've felt safe in Chicago in two areas. Oddly enough downtown..and 40 miles away in Schaumburg.

People in Chicargo are sick of the corruption and high taxes, they are selling and moving the hell out of there. How does property value go down, but property taxes go up?

The Olympic committee made a wise decision not picking Chicargo.

Reactions: 2 people
People in Chicargo are sick of the corruption and high taxes, they are selling and moving the hell out of there. How does property value go down, but property taxes go up?

The Olympic committee made a wise decision not picking Chicargo.
$

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 89
The bad thing here is Rahm is attempting to pad his resume for a future Presidential run. He has resorted to falsifying crime statistics to make it appear that he has turned one of the most violent towns in America around. Disgraceful yet not unexpected from the likes of him. I feel bad for the families who murdered relatives get put into some BS crime classification that results in little to no investigation.

Props to the democrats though for having these urban areas so wrapped around their fingers that even ignoring their constituents murders doesn't lose them a vote.

VN Store

Back