Alan Dershowtiz comments on prejudice and hate: Very insightful

lawgator1

Was listening to him on the radio coming back from lunch and he was asked the question whether he thought that the Kansas shooter was too old, too set in his ways, to be rehabilitated from his prejudices.

Dershowitz responded, and I'm going to have to synopsize:

-- The best solution to prejudice against Jews, or against any group for that matter, is to realize that most prejudices are based in the abstract. People hate Muslims because they don't know many, sometimes none. Same with Jews.

-- he recounted that his wife when she was a school girl in South Carolina actually had a fellow student inspect her to see if she had horns. They became best friends.

-- some within these groups you will like. Some you won't. But it won't be because of the stereotypes. It will be because you like the person or you don't.

-- he is against any form of censorship of bias-based groups and instead says the path to defeating their prejudices is in having them personally introduced to the people they hate.

Wise words, if you ask me.

Reactions: 1 person
Was listening to him on the radio coming back from lunch and he was asked the question whether he thought that the Kansas shooter was too old, too set in his ways, to be rehabilitated from his prejudices.

-- The best solution to prejudice against Jews, or against any group for that matter, is to realize that most prejudices are based in the abstract. People hate Muslims because they don't know many, sometimes none. Same with Jews.

-- he recounted that his wife when she was a school girl in South Carolina actually had a fellow student inspect her to see if she had horns. They became best friends.

-- some within these groups you will like. Some you won't. But it won't be because of the stereotypes. It will be because you like the person or you don't.

-- he is against any form of censorship of bias-based groups and instead says the path to defeating their prejudices is in having them personally introduced to the people they hate.

I think it's interesting. Makes me think of how the Mozilla guy was treated at the end.

Reactions: 4 people

OK...See you at the next Tea Party.

Reactions: 8 people
OK...See you at the next Tea Party.

I know plenty of people who claim that title. Most I like.

And my bias against the party is not a hatred of the people within it. Its a recoil at those, like for example Sarah Palin, who have hijacked the movement to advance their own social values agenda. Heck, most of the TPers I know get pissed off at that more than I do.

Reactions: 4 people
Never had any issues with the Jews. Mankind however seems to have an issue with em for a couple millennia. I mean how many times have they been the targets of extermination over the years? Hitler. Stalin. A king of France, Philip the Fair I believe, took out most of the hews and Knights Templar's in France to get out of debt. And by took out I mean murdered, burned at the stake, etc.

I believe that its human nature to not want to accept responsibility. Throughout history people have always tried to blame other people for their problems. Sometimes they have legit concerns, sometimes its bogus.

I know plenty of people who claim that title. Most I like.

And my bias against the party is not a hatred of the people within it. Its a recoil at those, like for example Sarah Palin, who have hijacked the movement to advance their own social values agenda. Heck, most of the TPers I know get pissed off at that more than I do.

I think Sarah Palin has decent looks for an old gal, but she is still a moron.

Reactions: 2 people
I think Sarah Palin has decent looks for an old gal, but she is still a moron.

More of a moron than Joe Biden?

I can see it now, Jeopardy with politicians as the contestants. Sarah Palin, Joe Biden and Shelia Jackson-Lee.

$5 on Palin.

I can see it now, Jeopardy with politicians as the contestants. Sarah Palin, Joe Biden and Shelia Jackson-Lee.

$5 on Palin.

LrBD452.png

$5 on Palin.

Joe Biden hands down!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
SPLC - self appointed arbiter of hate

The SPLC tracks groups that "have beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people, typically for their immutable characteristic."

Hmmm, notice how SPLC defines a hate group (hint: radical RIGHT)

"After four years of spectacular growth driven by the 2008 election of President Obama and the nearly simultaneous collapse of the economy, the radical right in America saw its first significant decrease in 2013," the SPLC says. The number of hate groups shrank last year for the second year in a row, down to 939, according to the center's calculations. These groups were demoralized by Obama's re-election, have been losing battles on issues such as same-sex marriage, and lost support when the "litany of disasters" they predicted -- such as the United Nations invading the United States -- didn't happen, the SPLC says.

If we truly believe the SPLC then they are actually concluding that radical right hate groups are shrinking but radical left and others are not since they attribute the entire drop in "hate groups" to a reduction in the RR.

Or could it be they don't consider RL groups as hate groups?

What view of the SPLC is incorrect in this article?

It's a matter of principle. If I had a group, I'm pretty certain the SPLC would dig up some reason to put my group in a "hate organization" category.

But the whole thing about the demoralization of said hate groups being because Obama got reelected, the UN didn't invade and gay rights are being put into effect speaks volumes about how in touch they are with the average citizen.

It's a matter of principle. If I had a group, I'm pretty certain the SPLC would dig up some reason to put my group in a "hate organization" category.

But the whole thing about the demoralization of said hate groups being because Obama got reelected, the UN didn't invade and gay rights are being put into effect speaks volumes about how in touch they are with the average citizen.

You left off SPLC's criticism of the new Black Panthers, their leadership, and their group hate for whites.

You left off SPLC's criticism of the new Black Panthers, their leadership, and their group hate for whites.

If you look you'll see they are on there for hate against the Jooos.

1/2 of that article is direct quotes from SPLC - shoddy journalism regardless of the bent of the organization.

If the SPLC stuck to their criteria then Occupy Wall Street would be a hate group. Kinda doubt they are on the list.

If the SPLC stuck to their criteria then Occupy Wall Street would be a hate group. Kinda doubt they are on the list.

I'm not sure that political organizations against economic inequality, or even a profession, would meet their definition of being against groups that hate other for an immutable characteristic.

I'm not sure that political organizations against economic inequality, or even a profession, would meet their definition of being against groups that hate other for an immutable characteristic.

So they are selective? I mean, why not put CAIR on their list for example?

I suppose being a front group for Hamas that condones suicide bombings on Jewish targets probably does not fit the SPLC description of hate group.

Point being, the SPLC is real selective like on who they want as friends.

I suppose being a front group for Hamas that condones suicide bombings on Jewish targets probably does not fit the SPLC description of hate group.

Tips from the IRS?

Has CAIR announced an antisemitic platform for the organization?

Has CAIR announced an antisemitic platform for the organization?

So what's worse, the terrorist or the groups that fund and support them?

I suppose supporting groups that use children as suicide bombers is okay in your world.

So what's worse, the terrorist or the groups that fund and support them?

I suppose supporting groups that use children as suicide bombers is okay in your world.

Well, if we are going to attribute to each organizations all the motives or agendas of each of its members or constituencies, voluntary or otherwise, then we'll be left with no way to distinguish any group from any other.

By your definition, the GOP is responsible for, and adopts as its own, all the thoughts and acts of every registered Republican in the country.

Well, if we are going to attribute to each organizations all the motives or agendas of each of its members or constituencies, voluntary or otherwise, then we'll be left with no way to distinguish any group from any other.

By your definition, the GOP is responsible for, and adopts as its own, all the thoughts and acts of every registered Republican in the country.

Since when has the GOP raised money to fund terrorists?

Can you say the same about CAIR though?

So since we are on the acronym kick, please GTFO with this BS.

VN Store

Back